This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Children’s Pastor / Director
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
Date Posted: 05/10/2011
Categories: Children's Pastor - Family Pastor
Church Size: 251 to 350
Job Type: Part-Time
KIDS’ PASTOR/DIRECTOR OPENING
Connections Church, Raleigh NC
WHO WE ARE:
Can we sum it up in a paragraph? Nope. But we'll try. We are a community of average, unpretentious people who are learning to follow Jesus in the midst of everyday life. We're a young (7 years old), non-denominational church that is leaning heavily on the leading and strength of God and doing our best to hold on and not get in His way. In the past few years God has brought growth to every part of our life together- and we've got a hunch that this is only the beginning. We believe the Story we are living in is relational, so our stated, daily mission is to "Build relationships that God can use to change things." We're aspiring to love God, each other and the world around us well and deeply. Time and again we find ourselves shaking our heads at the unique, healthy, flexible, authentic, healing Kingdom outpost that God is shaping us into.
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
We are looking for an additional servant leader to join our team. Obviously, we don't know exactly who you are or we'd save a step and call you directly. So we're hoping God might use this posting to connect us with each other.
Provide leadership and oversight to our ministries for infants-5th graders and their families. Create encouraging, fun and safe environments that help children learn to build relationships with God, each other and the world around them. Partner with and support parents in serving their children. Lead and grow a team of volunteers who serve kids and their families. This is a part-time role with the potential to expand as God continues to grow our community.
We are a diverse community, comprised of people from different racial, geographic, socio-economic and faith backgrounds. We affirm women in leadership roles and encourage candidates of all types to apply. While not offered as a comprehensive list, we believe the right candidate will:
- Be passionate about kids’ and family ministry.
- Be relational and enjoy investing in people.
- Have both creative and administrative abilities.
- Have some previous experience in kids’ ministry.
- Be a self-starter that also wants to be a part of a team.
- Demonstrate a level of spiritual and life maturity, regardless of their age.
- Want to lead a team in doing ministry- not do all of the work themselves.
- Strive to follow Jesus in real, everyday ways. Lead first and foremost from their authentic life with God.
- Desire to be a part of a church that hasn't arrived, doesn't have it all figured out and is willing to go where God leads.
- Be excited to serve our specific church community and connect strongly with our unique identity.
Interested? Send your resume and any other materials you feel are pertinent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please DO NOT contact others via the church website. When we receive your information we will send you a courtesy reply.