This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Associate Pastor - Spiritual Development
Morning Star Church
O'Fallon, Missouri, United States
Date Posted: 05/06/2011
Categories: Associate Pastor
Denominations: United Methodist
Church Size: 1501 to 2000
Job Type: Full-Time
The Associate Pastor will work closely with the Lead Pastor to cast the vision and purposes of MSC to the membership and the community. The overall challenge of this job is to develop a comprehensive discipleship program for the entire church family. This program will include existing children, youth, small group and adult spiritual journey classes, with special emphasis on marriage, parenting, and family program.
Leader Development responsibilities to include but will not be limited to:
• Motivate, equip and nurture the people of the church through example.
• Work with Connections Coordinator to place people on church ministry teams based on their spiritual gifts, personalities and interests.
• Keep a record of who is serving in each position, whether staff or volunteer.
• Develop, train and equip new leaders and provide ongoing leader training for current leaders.
• Develop support teams for marriage and family ministries.
Marriage and Family responsibilities to include but not limited to:
• Develop and operate a comprehensive program to lead newly married and pre-married couples to a Christ-centered relationship.
• Develop and operate an overall plan for parent training and raising Godly families.
• Develop and oversee a church-wide marriage, family, and individual counseling program, with options for support and development of skills.
• Develop and operate marriage and family encounter weekends and retreats.
• Coordinate and manage existing children, youth, small groups, and spiritual journey programs along with an overall marriage, parenting and family comprehensive program.
Spiritual Development responsibilities to include but not limited to:
• Develop and operate a comprehensive spiritual growth development tool that enables MSC attendees to identify their next step of growth and be able to take it.
• Develop spiritual growth guides that go along with each sermon series for small groups to use.
• Coordinate the staff spiritual development studies.
• Develop and operate a spiritual gift and interest assessment tool to assist MSC attendees to discover and begin using their gifts and passions in volunteer ministry in MSC ministries.
• Lead short- and/or long-term Bible studies for marriage, parenting, and family groups.
• Assist Lead Pastor in overseeing church discipline and managing conflict in the church. Seek to reconcile relationships and promote unity within the church.
• Build a sense of community in the church through reaching out to and ministering to the special needs of all Church members.
• All other duties as assigned by the Lead Pastor.
Skills and Talents
• Good Organizational Skills
• Leadership Abilities
• Teaching Skills
• Good Communicator, oral and written
• Great People Skills
• Ability to Supervise Others
• Able to Coordinate and harmonize a group of people
• Stable Mature Christian
Experience / Education
• Undergraduate degree in a field closely related to one of the categories above.
• Masters degree at a United Methodist approved seminary (preferred).
• Understanding of, and commitment to, the Discipline of the United Methodist Church.
• Extensive background in developing and managing family based ministry.
• Extensive background in developing and administering Christian counseling programs.
• Ability to preach practical sermons with real life applications.
• Five years experience in this type of position.