This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Technical / Audio Director
Central Community Church
Wichita, Kansas, United States
Date Posted: 05/05/2011
Denominations: Church of God -- Anderson
Church Size: 1501 to 2000
Job Type: Full-Time
Technical Ministry Coordinator
Ministry Objective & Mission: To execute the mission of Central Community Church (C3): changing lives, turning uncommitted people into fully developed followers of Christ. The Technical Ministry will do this by training, equipping and developing technically skilled leaders to ensure all audio, I.T. and visual presentations in all ministries are creative and God-honoring, enhancing the worship and learning experiences for all ages of those who attend Central.
The Technical Ministry is passionate about the godly success of its leaders in order to glorify God in thought, word, and action, becoming the living sacrifices God has called His children to be. The two major areas of this ministry are:
• Time of week. There is an emphasis and requirement for Godly success during these times of the week.
o Sunday morning worship services for the adults, students, and children
o Wednesday night ministries for choir, orchestra, bands, other adults, students, and children
o Other times as required such as weddings, funerals, concerts, special events, and facility rentals.
• Venue within the facility. These venues within the facilities must be highly organized, maintained, and ready for use in a proactive manner.
o The auditorium, including the platform, sound/lighting booth (crow’s nest), media center, prop room, tech offices, and catwalk system.
o Activity center, KIDS Ministry rooms, multi-purpose rooms, and the Atrium.
o Hallways and select rooms for closed-circuit display of auditorium services and rolling announcements.
I.T. Organization: The major areas of IT Management are:
• Computer servers and workstations
• Networking components
• All printers (excluding copiers)
• Phone systems
• External IT Services such as the web-site and mail systems
The Technical Ministry Coordinator should:
• Have a clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a passionate, growing, personal relationship with Him
• Meet the biblical qualifications for leadership (1 Timothy 3:1-7; Titus 1:5-9)
• Be a positive self-starter and team player with drive, passion, initiative, and a teachable spirit.
• Possess the spiritual gifts of leadership (Romans 12:8) and administration (1 Corinthians 12:28)
• Enthusiastically promote the core values, mission, vision, and purposes of C3
• Sense God’s call to lead the Technical ministry and be loyal to leadership of Central Community Church
• Have sufficient education and/or experience to understand and deploy the various technical foundation elements required at Central and staying informed of new equipment availability and usefulness.
• Ability to recruit, select, schedule, and equip volunteers & develop leaders
• Complete the necessary background checks as required by C3 policies
• Excellent oral and written communication skills; strong time management and organizational skills.
• Advanced understanding of Operating Systems including NT 2000, Windows 2003, Vista, and XP.
• Thorough understanding of Microsoft Office, Outlook, and other office related software.
• Advanced knowledge of PC hardware: servers, desktops, laptops, printers and PDAs
• Strong troubleshooting skills and customer focus.
• Strong knowledge of TCP/IP and other networking protocols.
The Technical Ministry Coordinator will achieve success when the following conditions exist:
• Staff leaders experience consistently positive customer support and give high marks to the IT Ministry for customer satisfaction
• IT needs are catalogued and acted upon by both proactive and reactive means to successful closure
• All IT requests are responded to and resolved in a timely and positive manner
• Each ministry leader understands on an ongoing basis the state of their IT requirements and the plans to respond and improve them.
• New IT solutions are evaluated on an ongoing basis and implemented as appropriate
• All IT processes are compliant with commonly understood IT standards
• Ongoing training on ACS and other important SW products are held regularly and received well by those who attend.
• Data is kept confidential, accurate, secure, and redundant
• Backup and disaster recovery processes are up-to-date and relevant to the needs of the ministry.
• Technical Services, Properties, and Maintenance teams are well connected to ensure successful move and installation projects.
• All OS, Software, and Hardware resources are up-to-date and/or obsolete as per agreed-upon plans
• Virus, Spyware, Malware, and other malicious attacks are routinely and successfully repelled.
• Documentation, SW, and HW assets are managed well and accurately
• All CCC internet domain subscriptions are maintained and up-to-date
• Personal, spiritual, & professional growth is regularly and aggressively pursued.
• The vision and philosophy of the Technical Ministry has been, and continues to be, communicated, and a structure and strategy has been implemented and is continually improved.
• There is development, oversight, and training of all levels of leadership within the Technical Ministry including the core adult leadership, regular adult leadership, and student leadership.
• There are demonstrable effects of changed lives and deepening relationships with Jesus Christ at all levels of leadership in The Technical Ministry.
• All venue locations (as described above) and offsite/onsite storage areas are organized, documented, inventoried, and in consistently progressing toward the higher call of Godly excellence.
• God's creativity is routinely celebrated through each audio and visual presentation.
• The reputation of the Technical Ministry throughout C3 is overwhelmingly positive and all levels of the Technical Ministry are supported by the body of Christ at Central without reservation.
• Other duties as assigned by the Worship, Executive, and/or Senior Pastor are done with godly excellence.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Approach: Mutual assessment after 90 days