This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Bay Farm Community Church
Alameda, California, United States
Date Posted: 08/25/2011
Categories: Youth Pastor
Church Size: 351 to 500
Job Type: Full-Time
Bay Farm Community Church is a twenty year old contemporary Baptist church located in the Bay Farm community of Alameda, California. Alameda is an island community (approximately 70,000 people) in the East Bay area. Presently, BFCC averages 400+ multi-generational/multi-cultural attenders on Sundays. The church is affiliated with Converge Pac West.
Position summary: To lead a vibrant youth ministry where students are growing spiritually and are compelled to reach their friends for Christ.
Supervisor: Senior Pastor
Necessary qualifications: You must…
• Have the spiritual gifts of teaching and leadership.
• Meet the biblical qualifications for a pastor (I Timothy 3:1-7 & Titus 1:5-9).
• Have the ability to dynamically teach the scriptures to young people and mentor them in the Christian faith.
• Be a hard working, self-motivated staff pastor.
• Be an out-going, fun loving, team player.
• Be committed to purity. We cannot win the battle if we allow sin in our camp. Joshua 7
• Be submissive to authority. Everyone is accountable to someone. Romans 13:1-5
• Be a faithful steward. Use your God given time, energy and money wisely. Matthew 25:14-30
• Be flexible. Our world is constantly changing so pastors need to be open to change. I Corinthians 9:19-23
• Be positive. Negative people accomplish nothing good. Ephesians 4:29-32
Primary responsibilities: You will be expected to…
• Lead a Christ-centered, relational, life changing youth service on Sunday morning.
• Organize and facilitate youth activities and small groups throughout the month.
• Build a core team of dedicated volunteers to help you grow BFCC’s youth ministry.
• Develop and oversee a youth oriented discipleship program.
• Actively shepherd (lead, feed, protect and correct) students.
• Participate in the regular functions and services of the church as needed.
Education requirements: You must have at least a Bachelors degree from an accredited Christian College (preferably a ministry degree).
Ministry experience: You must have at least three years of youth pastor experience (preferably in a church), and a successful track record of leading a youth group of 50+ students.
Compensation & Commitment:
• Salaried full-time pastoral staff position. You will be expected to work 40-45 hours per week.
• Expected pay range: $50,000 - $60,000 annually
• Family health, dental and vision insurance provided
• FICA allowance
• Retirement allowance
• Cell phone allowance
• Moving allowance
Contact Information: Send a cover letter, resume and a picture to Susan at firstname.lastname@example.org