This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Pastor of Young Adults
Allentown, Pennsylvania, United States
Date Posted: 05/04/2011
Categories: Young Adult Pastor
Denominations: Evangelical Free
Church Size: 2001 to 2500
Job Type: Full-Time
PLEASE RESPOND DIRECTLY - to email@example.com, if not your application will not be considered.
In addition to the submission of your resume please include the following: A one page cover letter interacting with the job description, and an electronic copy or link to a message you have given.
The position of Pastor of Young Adults is established to direct, maintain, promote, and further develop outreach and discipleship ministries for young adults. This pastor should understand and have the ability to minister to the unique needs of college students and young adults beyond college.
1) Must have at least a four year college degree, preferably a seminary degree.
2) 5 years of experience being on a church staff.
3) Regularly speaks to groups of 75+.
4) Must demonstrate a shepherd’s heart for those in this age bracket.
5) Must have credentials through the EFCA or be able to be credentialed with the EFCA.
6) Must have strong pastoral, teaching, administrative, and leadership skills.
7) Must support the Statement of Faith of Faith Evangelical Free Church and Faith Church's distinctives and mission statement.
1) He will develop, maintain, guard and implement a vision for young adult ministry that is consistent with the overall vision of Faith Church. He will be responsible for the implementation of that vision.
2) He will create and maintain discipleship and outreach initiatives for individuals in the 18-32 year old demographic
3) He will work closely with the Senior Pastor in planning and conducting a young adult worship venue. He will preach in that venue when appropriate.
4) He will give attention to contacting and establishing relationships with students attending local colleges and universities.
5) He will oversee the Middle School and High School Pastors and insure that the entire student ministries of Faith Church align with our vision.