This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Crossroads Bible Church
Bellevue, Washington, United States
Date Posted: 05/04/2011
Categories: College Pastor - Young Adult Pastor
Church Size: 1501 to 2000
Job Type: Full-Time
1) A "Position Profile" describing the ideal candidate.
2) A "Job Description" describing the requirements of the position.
POSITION PROFILE: College Director
We would like every candidate to possess or work towards the following characteristics:
• Believes God is leading him to serve in pastoral ministry.
• Has a heart for college students.
• The qualifications of an elder as outlined in 1 Tim. 3 and Titus 1.
• A love for teaching the entirety of the scriptures.
• A passion for discipleship, modeling their expectation for college students to:
o Grow in their desire for Jesus Christ.
o Recognize God’s working in their life and others.
o Depend upon a community of faith with authenticity and humility.
o Understand the culture they are called to reach.
o Serve others unto our Lord Jesus Christ.
• Wisdom in his decisions, humility in his interactions with others, and courage in accomplishing the vision for ministry.
• Understand and be able to teach the doctrinal position of Crossroads Bible Church.
• Have sufficient life experience to effectively lead both the college students and staff.
• Has personal experience as a college student from a secular university.
• Possess a relevant understanding of the current college age youth culture.
• Have served several years in church ministry to college-age young adults.
• Have graduated with or in progress to complete a masters of theology, of divinity, or equivalent.
• Teach with a commitment to Biblical truth in a manner that is relevant to the students, both one-on-one and in large group settings.
• Lead and train the volunteer staff to minister to the students in both Biblical doctrine and in practical interpersonal matters.
• Effectively communicate relevant information parents need to hear about their children, their children’s culture, and their relationship with their children, both one-on-one and in large group settings.
• Efficiently plan, prepare and implement a thorough and intentional spiritual program geared for college students
• Diligently and accurately manage a budget for all college programs.
• Values and standards mix well within the existing community.
• Shares openly and authentically with others on team regarding personal feelings, opinions, and perceptions about problems and conditions.
• Involves other team members in the decision-making process when those decisions affect the team.
• Trusts, supports and has genuine concern for other team members.
• Listens to understand other team members from their point of view.
• Serves faithfully and diligently within the role given him on the team, genuinely submitting to the leadership of the church.
JOB DESCRIPTION: College Director
To serve the church by overseeing, administering and coordinating an effective and comprehensive ministry for college-age young adult’s ages 18 to 24 years in accordance with the philosophy of student ministry.
• Develop and grow an effective ministry to reach students attending college and/or university.
• Guide college students towards maturity, helping them understand their personal identity in Christ, their need for the larger church community, their responsibility to discern God honoring choices, and their changing relationships with parents, siblings, peers, and adults.
• Implement a weekly gathering that builds community and where the Bible is studied in a relevant manner to college students, allowing them to think critically about their beliefs while guiding them towards truth.
• Recruit, equip and train adult volunteer teams to serve in the college ministry, ensuring every student has an identifiable shepherd who disciples them.
• Implement student ministry teams that provide service opportunities for our students inside and outside of the church.
• Provide biblical counsel to individual students, families, and volunteer staff as required
• Oversee the planning and implementation of college ministry mission trips, retreats and camps.
• Provide for effective administration of the college ministry including budgetary and ministry planning.
• Directly accountable to the Director of Student Ministry
• Attends weekly Student Ministry staff meetings
• May attend meetings of the Elder Council.
• Full-time, exempt, salaried
• Shall demonstrate or desire the qualifications of an elder as outlined in I Tim 3 and Titus 1
• Shall demonstrate a heart and passion for pastoral ministry to college students
• Shall have church ministry experience with college-age young adults
• Shall have graduated with or in progress to complete a masters of theology, of divinity, or equivalent.
• Shall have the ability to communicate effectively to that particular age group
• Shall have the ability to work effectively with lay staff as well as with the parents of the students involved within the ministry
• Shall demonstrate a commitment to goals, strategies, and doctrinal statements of Crossroads Bible Church
The Student Ministry Director has the responsibility for the initiation and update of this job description with the concurrence of the Executive Pastor, and, as approved by the Elder Council
SALARY AND BENEFITS
• Salary as approved by Council of Elders. Includes housing allowance as appropriate.
• Healthcare benefits (medical, dental, vision) as provided by Crossroads Bible Church.
• Group Disability Insurance.
• Retirement benefit (per policy) – may enroll and participate immediately making voluntary contribution.
• Vacation time per CBC personnel policy.
• Staff resource budget for ministry resources (books, subscriptions, conferences)
• Graduate education assistance per policy.