This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Church Operations
St. James Anglican Church
Newport Beach, California, United States
Date Posted: 04/29/2011
Church Size: 251 to 350
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Title: Director of Church Operations (DCO), an exempt position on the Church staff
Reports To: Rector and works closely with Wardens and Vestry
Salary Range: unspecified/Benefits included
Job Description Overview:
Saint James Anglican Church in Newport Beach, CA seeks to hire by July 1st, 2011 a full-time Director of Church Operations (DCO). The DCO position involves overall administration of the organization including human resources, some personnel oversight, property management and financial operations and overseeing of church volunteers. DCO is expected to create and maintain a positive work environment for all employees. In addition, DCO is expected to be an effective communicator; provide leadership teambuilding and management skills that enable clergy, staff and lay members to minister effectively. The DCO must grasp the vision of the church and be able to create a structure that supports that vision in all facets of daily church operations. The DCO must be a committed Christian who demonstrates a life reflecting Christian biblical principles as a committed follower of Christ.
General, Financial and Human Resource Administration
• Will work with Treasurer/staff/rector/wardens to ensure sound financial management including oversight of accounting
functions and record keeping.
• Provide financial and other necessary reports monthly as requested by the Vestry
• Ensure effective information technology systems are in place
• Coordinate all pre and post hiring matters and maintain all personnel files including vacation, sick time accruals and
utilization of both.
• Manage employee’s health benefit plans, manage worker’s compensation coverage and admin, and oversee retirement
and pension programs for employees.
• Oversee the purchase for all necessary supplies to support church operations.
• Oversee volunteers of various commissions and church committees
Attendance and Participation
• Church staff meetings
• Monthly Vestry meetings
• Monthly Finance Committee meetings
• Budget preparation meetings for the Parish fiscal year.
• Parish Council meetings to establish the Master Calendar for the calendar year.
• Annual parish meeting preparation as primary staff contact for arrangements and selection of materials for publication in annual report.
Facilities Planning and Management
• Oversee and coordinate the operation and maintenance of all church property and equipment.
• Negotiate and manage contracts for equipment and facilities.
• Supervising the Sexton(s) and church maintenance needs
• Budget and resource management for all property maintenance
• Ensure that adequate insurance coverage is in place for liability, property, including the Rectory, and D & O insurance.
• Maintain a listing of annual maintenance requirements and capital equipment inventory
• Implement and maintain security of all church property to include key control and management.
II. Qualifications Preferred:
• Degree in business administration preferred, but will consider comparable business experience.
• Minimum three years experience in day-to-day hands-on operation and administration of a Christian organization, a
business or a non-profit organization of similar size.
• Demonstration of skills in supervision, negotiation, project and financial management.
• Ability to work in a confidential environment when necessary
• Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and database system experience (preferably CDM database)
• Strong self-direction and work ethic.
• Excellent References