This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Multi-Media
ALbuquerque, New Mexico, United States
Date Posted: 04/29/2011
Categories: Communications - Media/Technology
Denominations: Baptist --SBC
Church Size: 1501 to 2000
Job Type: Full-Time
The Director of Communications oversees all aspects of media and communication for the church including, but not limited to: website maintenance, digital & print publications, signs, audio / video development. Must be creative, organized, and able to multi-task and thrive in a deadline based environment.
The Director of Communications will report to the Sr. Director of Operations for all aspects of the job, and will provide general communications support to the ministerial staff and church leadership as appropriate.
The Director of Communications will supervise communications staff, volunteers, interns and others assigned to the department.
The Director of Communications will be responsible
1. for coordination and production of regular publications (including, but not limited to worship service bulletins, Connection Class publications, visitor and ministry brochures and posters, signs, etc.) in a timely, accurate and presentable manner consistent with Hoffmantown Church’s vision and branding.
2. for the development and deployment of HC website and the related collateral sites and for coordination of efforts to keep information accurate, up-to-date, and consistent with HC’s vision and branding.
3. for development and deployment of the various forms of electronic communication (email, social networking, etc.):
4. for acting as a gateway and quality control check on all church communication products, including those produced within individual ministries of the church:
5. for acting in a consulting role in the production of communication products produced by individual ministries of the church:
6. for negotiating and coordinating the print production process with the creative arts department:
7. for keeping the congregation fully informed about pertinent events and church news:
8. for acting as a conduit for information to be shared with the congregation and church staff:
9. to act as the church contact for external media seeking information from or about the church in conjunction with the Sr. Dir. of Operations:
10. to coordinate efforts to advertise church activities, functions, services and general information to the local community:
11. to act as the project manager of all communication activities, ensuring they are completed in a timely, accurate and presentable manner consistent with HC’s vision and branding:
12. for prudent management of all communications related budget line items and timely processing of Pos, billings and invoices, with assistance from the Sr. Director of Operations:
13. to prepare and submit annual budget proposals to the Sr. Dir. of Operations:
14. to assist the Sr. Dir. of Operations and work with appropriate committees to establish Church communications policies and procedures and to assure achievement of church leadership’s operating objectives and vision, and,
15. to coordinate other special projects and perform other duties as directed by the Sr. Dir. of Operations or Sr. Pastor.
16. Oversees the operation, through staff and volunteers, of sound, lighting, projection and staging of all events within HC.
17. Oversees the operation, maintenance, repair and safeguarding of all audio/visual media and technology equipment, projection and sound equipment.
18. Oversees television and radio broadcast production which includes taping, editing and distributing of programs.
19. Supervise the audio/visual team in coordination with the needs of the church.
Required Qualifications & Characteristics
1. Enthusiastic willingness to serve Christ and His church.
2. Maturity of Christian character and gifts of discernment.
3. Demonstrated Creativity.
4. Bachelor’s degree ( preferably in some aspect of mass communication.)
5. Experience in managing people and projects.
6. Advanced computer skills including familiarity with publishing software (currently Apple Final Cut or Premier Pro), website development tools and other related software.
7. Experience in website and electronic media design and development.
8. Interpersonal, networking and supervisory skills.
9. Attention to detail and accuracy.
10. Ability to plan, organize and multitask in a deadline intensive environment.
11. Command of the English language, proper style, usage and punctuation.
Recommended Qualification & Characteristics
1. Good listening skills, tact and consensus building skills.
2. Patience and perseverance.
3. Familiarity with HC, the nature of its congregation, its vision and doctrines.
4. Familiarity with video production software.
5. Communications experience with a not-for-profit church or para-church organization.
Other Expectations and Opportunities
1. Must be in agreement with HC’s statement of faith and provide and acceptable statement concerning his/her Christian commitment.
2. Selected candidate will be expected to already be or soon become a member of Hoffmantown Church and become vitally involved in the general life and ministry of the church.
3. Involvement in other ministry tasks and interests will be encouraged as time and job responsibilities allow.
4. Participation in regular ministerial staff meetings and personal development activities is expected.
5. Occasional training and continuing education for job related responsibilities will be encouraged.
6. A good faith commitment to serve at least 3 years in this position, if hired (baring any unforeseen circumstances.)