This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Family Life Christian Church
Kalispell, Montana, United States
Date Posted: 04/28/2011
Categories: Children's Pastor
Denominations: Christian Church
Church Size: 251 to 350
Job Type: Full-Time
Family Life Christian Church is praying for an energetic person who loves God and others and is called to strengthen and expand a ministry for students, Birth thru 5th Grade to grow in their relationship with Christ. Their spouse must be willing and supportive of the possible relocation to the Flathead Valley. The Elementary Minister will partner with families and equip a team of volunteers for the purpose of helping them disciple their children so that they can impact the community with the love if Christ. This passionate leader will be committed to God’s word and sound doctrine, be a servant, has a can-do attitude, and work well with the Elders, parents and volunteers. Anyone who finds joy in raising up the next generation of leaders for the advancement of the Kingdom of God in a church and community that has great potential should apply. Contact Frank Mack, Senior Pastor, for more information at email@example.com.
Elementary Discipleship Minister
Reports To: Senior Pastor
Category of Employment: Full-time
Payroll Status: Salaried, Exempt
Office Hours: Average of 50 hours per week, with the exception of heavy ministry seasons.
The mission of Family Life Christian Church is to intentionally disciple people in the context of a relational environment to: “LOVE GOD, LOVE PEOPLE, SERVE THE WORLD…ONE PERSON AT A TIME!”
To further the mission of the Church by effectively serving in pastoral leadership in the Children's Ministry Department by overseeing, leading, directing, and developing the Elementary Children's Ministry through Discipleship groups, as well as ministering to the pastoral and spiritual needs of those involved.
1. Experience: Minimum of three (3) years experience as a leader in ministry or related environments specifically related to an area of oversight in Children’s ministry.
2. Education: Minimum of an Associate’s degree from a Bible College or University. A degree from a Bible College with at least a minor in biblical studies or a related field is preferred. Consideration will be given to candidates having experience and demonstrated proficiency in field.
3. Knowledge, skills, and gifts: Candidate must be tried and proven in ministry, have strong leadership gifts, and a passion to share Jesus. Candidate must demonstrate a Christ-like attitude in words and actions, and have the ability to work with a wide variety of people. Exhibit excellent interpersonal relational skills while maintaining and protecting confidentiality. Candidate must seek to possess effective written and verbal skills. Must be a motivated and successful recruiter and manager of volunteers. Candidate must exhibit excellent computer knowledge, experience and proficiency with Microsoft Office applications including Word, Outlook, Excel, Publisher and PowerPoint.
4. Physical Demands:
a. Activities with children, including sports and games of a physical nature.
b. Lifting, pulling, bending, carrying, and pushing as needed to set up activities and events.
c. Operation of church vehicles.
1. Exhibits a meaningful and disciplined personal relationship with Jesus Christ for the purpose of godliness.
2. Engages in a regular and ongoing (meeting at least monthly) accountability relationship with a staff partner or other approved person.
3. Recognizes that our mission is important and deserves our very best.
Conditions of Employment
1. Models the Biblical standard of personal conduct and lifestyle.
2. Supports and adheres to the Mission, Vision, Values, and Philosophy of Ministry of FLCC, including the FLCC Statement of Faith. (Can be found on our website @ www.familylifecc.tv)
3. Supports and adheres to the FLCC Policies and Procedures.
4. Pastoral Staff must be active, participating members of Family Life Christian Church or be willing to become a member at the beginning of employment.
Duties and Responsibilities (Essentials)
1. General staff responsibilities:
• Engage in pastoral responsibilities, as assigned, to include teaching, preaching, performing weddings and funerals, pastoral counseling, assisting in worship services, communion, baptisms, child dedications and hospital visits.
• Lead, teach, preach, cast vision, oversee, and direct all facets of the Children’s ministry program and Discipleship groups of the Elementary Children’s Ministry.
• Assist in establishing ministry goals and objectives, and individual tactics that support the mission and vision of the Church.
• Provide visionary leadership and organizational structure for the Children’s ministry program and Discipleship groups of the Elementary Children’s Ministry.
• Recruit, train, schedule, equip and supervise volunteers for the ministry.
• Train, schedule, equip and evaluate volunteer staff of the Elementary Ministry.
• Propose and administer annual budgets.
• Participation in weekly staff meetings, as well as other required staff events.
*Must take one day a month to get away alone during staff hours for prayer and refocused vision.
2. Specific ministry duties and responsibilities:
• Provide organizational structure for the ministry teams (service teams which include the Praise Team, Tech Team, Drama Team, Security Team, Greeter Team as well as any future teams) in the Elementary Ministry for weekends and Wednesday nights.
• Plan and execute programming for the designated hour on Sundays, including discipleship groups, teaching, worship, and executing all Ministry Program activities in Birthy-5th grade.
• Develop, plan, and oversee a 4th/5th grade discipleship retreat, service projects and other special events.
• Work with the Elementary leaders to ensure all programs, events and curriculum adheres to FLCC Children’s Ministry vision and values.
• Work with the other Pastors on special events, such as Staff retreats and the volunteer banquet.
• Work closely with the Elementary staff in evaluating, planning, and gathering resources for all events as needed.
3. This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive statement of every duty and responsibility that will be required of an employee in this position. Therefore, additional duties may be assigned.