This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
5th/6th Grade Director
Mission Community Church
Gilbert, Arizona, United States
Date Posted: 08/11/2011
Categories: Youth Pastor
Church Size: 5001 to 7500
Job Type: Full-Time
POSTION SUMMARY: 5th/6th Grade Director
Mission Community Church is dedicated to living out our vision from Micah 6:8 to “do justice, love mercy and walk humbly with God.” A candidate for this position must champion that vision and teach 5th and 6th grade students to do the same. Our 5/6 Ministry has a ton of momentum and potential right now, with over 180 students attending each weekend. We're looking for someone to continue expand the depth of the ministry and to take it to the next level.
1. Oversee all aspects of the 5th/6th Grade Ministry.
2. Teach students to know God and to make God known in their lives.
3. Plan and lead all 5th/6th Grade weekend services (Saturday night and Sunday morning).
4. Recruit, lead, shepherd and develop the volunteer team.
5. Equip parents to be the primary spiritual leaders in the lives of their children through weekly resources, meetings, classes and coaching.
6. Plan and lead evangelistic and community-building events and trips.
7. Create and oversee the budget for the 5th/6th Grade Ministry.
8. Attend weekly Student Ministries Team meetings and appropriate church staff meetings.
9. Create and lead opportunities for students to do justice, love mercy and walk humbly using our existing methods and creating new ones.
10. Create and implement an evangelistic midweek program that is designed to reach new students and their families.
11. Establish an effective, ongoing communication plan with parents and the rest of the congregation.
1. Must have a personal, growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
2. Must have a minimum of three years working in full-time youth ministry, leading a ministry with at least 100 students.
3. Must be a gifted communicator, able to teach the Word of God passionately, clearly for students in 5th and 6th grade.
4. Must be a demonstrated team leader, team builder, and vision caster.
5. Must be self-motivated, driven, and passionate about leading 5th and 6th grade students.
6. Must have an understanding and experience with social media.
7. Bachelor's degree required. Seminary training preferred.
Applicants should e-mail a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please include a link to examples of teaching and/or speaking, your personal blog, Facebook, etc...