This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Barrington, Illinois, United States
Date Posted: 04/25/2011
Categories: Youth Pastor
Church Size: 5001 to 7500
Job Type: Part-Time
Join the Barrington Campus of our multi-site church in a part-time position to oversee the execution of our exciting and dynamic Student Ministries! This includes being a relational, shepherding pastor that provides a solid theological foundation and recruiting and training a volunteer Student Ministries Team to implement Student Ministries programs including a Junior High weekend service, High School Home Group and Midweek services for all students. This person must provide excellent leadership, clear communication, vision, direction, and motivation and must embody The Chapel’s culture by being Authentic, Joyful, Inspiring, and Compassionate.
This is a part-time, 20-hour per week position.
SPECIFIC ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Recruit and train Student Ministry Volunteer Team
• Work with Campus Pastor to identify potential volunteers
• Participate in Central Team training
• Inspire the volunteers to follow the vision and tactics of The Chapel Student Ministries
• Organize and inspire volunteers to work according to their giftedness
• Teach and train volunteers how to disciple students
2. Oversee the implementation of the Student Ministries Programs
• Understand the vision and purpose of the weekly program curriculum
• Participate in brainstorming and training meetings led by Central Team
• Implement the weekly programs:
-- Junior high weekend service
-- High School Home Group
-- Junior High and High School Midweek
3. Oversee the relational discipleship of students
• Work with volunteers, ensure that every student is known and loved by a mature Christian adult
4. Provide Pastoral Duties for Students, Staff and Volunteers
• Shepherd and meet the spiritual needs of students, staff and volunteers as needed
• Offer spiritual guidance to parents and families as needed
• Perform weddings, funerals, baptisms, baby dedications, and counseling of those
placed under my care
• Provide solid theological foundation with the ability to teach God’s Word clearly to
both students and adults
Please visit www.chapel.org for additional information and a complete job description. Interested candidates should submit a resume to email@example.com.