This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
High School Pastor
Valley Community Church
Pleasanton, California, United States
Date Posted: 04/20/2011
Categories: Youth Pastor
Church Size: 751 to 1000
Job Type: Full-Time
• Four-year college degree or currently attending college and pursuing a four-year degree
o Prefer degree that involve training in theology, Christian education, pastoral and youth ministries
• 3-5 years experience in youth ministry
• Previous employment as a youth leader, including such responsibilities as directing programs and events, curriculum
development, training leaders, teaching, working with parents, evangelistic outreach
• Evidence of a long-term and growing fruitful relationship with Jesus Christ
• Strong integrity, teachable, dependable, creative and resourceful, high-energy, flexible, and good at completing projects
with a servant’s heart
• The ability to effectively preach/teach God’s Word to high school students.
• The ability to relate with high school students and their parents.
• The ability to recruit and train adults to minister to high school students.
• The ability to work with multiple levels of paid and volunteer staff.
• The ability to provide/develop relevant Bible-based curriculum
• A genuine love for high school students.
• The desire to win students to Christ and help them mature in their faith.
The job of the High School Pastor includes:
• Lead/facilitate weekly Sunday-morning worship services.
• Lead/facilitate weekly Wednesday-night meetings for students to experience fellowship and spiritual growth.
• Plan and execute regular evangelistic outreach events.
• Develop and lead a student leadership team, equipping students for peer care and peer evangelism.
• Conduct regular adult leadership meetings for training, planning, and encouragement.
• Create opportunities to have contact with students beyond regularly scheduled church events/programs.
• Lead the high school ministry students as they attend summer and winter camps, mission trips, and retreats.
This position provides a competitive salary and benefits