This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Administration and Finance
First Presbyterian Church of Burlingame
Burlingame, California, United States
Date Posted: 04/20/2011
Denominations: Presbyterian -- PCUSA
Church Size: 1001 to 1500
Job Type: Full-Time
Director of Administration and Finance Needed:
First Presbyterian Church of Burlingame (FPCB) has been serving the mid-peninsula for over 85 years! With a church of approximately 1,200 members, we are looking for a Director of Administration and Finance to oversee, direct, manage, and provide leadership for the financial, facilities, and administrative operations of FPCB. This position reports directly to the Senior Pastor.
Responsibilities will include:
• Working with the staff, Church Elders and Volunteers to provide overall supervision of financial, personnel, and facilities programs, policies and procedures.
• Handling oversight and direction to the budget formulation process, including programmatic staff and Session.
• Responsible for working with the Personnel Committee to oversee employee benefits, staff supervision and to develop and maintain accurate position description, organizational charts, assist with job searches, conduct background checks, assure timely staff performance reviews, and provide human resource support as needed.
• Responsible for working with the Administration and Finance Committee to oversee all financial transactions, facilities use, stewardship and real property management.
• Providing direct supervision of the Administrative staff.
The ideal candidate will have a BS/BA degree in business administration or comparable experience. 10-15 years of progressive administrative & finance experience, strong communication and interpersonal skills, two to four years’ experience in managing the monthly financial closing process of a small to mid-size organization, and a strong ability to manage multiple areas simultaneously is required. Further qualifications include hands-on accounting experience with a non-profit organization, strong analytic and problem solving skills, prior experience managing a staff and experience negotiating contracts, leases or agreements.
In accordance with FPCB’s established standards, the Director shall maintain an active Christian devotional life as necessary to serve the Church with energy, intelligence, imagination and love. The Director shall maintain appropriate confidentiality at all times and be supportive of FPCB and the Church staff in all contacts with the Church membership and the general public. Furthermore, the Director will have the ability to work with individuals and groups in a collaborative and constructive, problem solving manner, and perform various other tasks as necessary.
FPCB is offering a competitive compensation package inclusive of benefits.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please email your resume to:firstname.lastname@example.org