This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Katy, Texas, United States
Date Posted: 04/20/2011
Categories: Children's Pastor - Church Staff
Church Size: 3001 to 4000
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Description for Children’s Director
Grace Fellowship United Methodist Church
Full - Time Position with Benefits
Grace Fellowship Vision & Purpose: To be a house of prayer for all nations (Isaiah 56:7).
KidzXD Purpose Statement: Ya gotta know Him, Grow in Him, and Go in Him!
KidzXD is looking for a Children's Director to help implement a fast growing, changing Children's Ministry! If you have a passion for Kid's Ministry, are creative, fun, energetic AND have strong administrative skills, this may just be the place for you! Your job is to come along side the Children’s Pastor and the Children’s Ministry Team to make ministry happen with excellence. Our job is to help develop all the God given tools within you, so that you can become the dynamic leader God has created you to be. So, if you are ready to minister at your highest capacity, join us to be a part of something bigger than YOU!
1. First and foremost, we want a staff that understands and practices balance. Following John 15:5, our desire is that all members of the Grace staff will seek Him first, and recognize that we are fully dependent on Christ. A lifestyle of personal spiritual health (dependence on Christ, an intimate prayer life, and regular time in God’s Word), pursuing all that we do as working unto the Lord, and maintaining healthy and God-honoring marriages and family relationships is the balance that we desire for all members of the staff family. Bottom line: the Children’s Director is to walk with God, cultivate a healthy family life, and work diligently. We also want all staff to be active member of a life-giving church.
2. The Director is to uphold the core values of the Children’s Ministry: child targeted, family-centered, safe, fun, excellent, relevant, intentional shepherding, and teaching the Bible accurately and creatively.
1. To partner with the Children’s Pastor to provide leadership for the Children’s Ministry staff, both paid and volunteers.
2. Work closely with the Children’s Pastor in all aspects of serving in the area of Children’s Ministry to the children and families of Grace Fellowship.
3. Work as an personal assistant to the Children’s Pastor.
4. Manage the office during the week, being certain all normal “business” of the ministry is accomplished to provide a well organized smooth operation for Sunday mornings. Computer skills are a must, with an emphasis on the ability to communicate effectively through letters, and emails.
5. Must be a “people person” with the ability to make decisions and communicate the heart of the ministry to parents, children, and staff in a positive manner. The ability to speak and lead as an extension of the Children’s Pastor is a must, including speaking in large public settings.
6. Lead or attend weekly team meetings, actively engaging in the dialogue and decision-making, recording minutes, disseminating the minutes to staff, and attending to the progress of assigned tasks.
7. Work with the other members within the Children’s Ministry in creating and preparing other ministry events (Walk Run Soar, VBS, Christmas Eve, etc).
8. Work as a true team member of the Children’s Ministry staff, pursuing unity in accomplishing our mission and ministry.