This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Tree of Life Church
New Braunfels, Texas, United States
Date Posted: 04/20/2011
Categories: Children's Pastor
Church Size: 2001 to 2500
Job Type: Full-Time
1. Recruit, educate, train and manage volunteer staff for all positions in the Children’s Department.
2. Be available for mentoring-ministry to volunteers.
3. Build a team atmosphere.
4. Supervise department during church services.
5. Participate in Executive Team meetings and required events.
6. Total and full responsibility for establishing, maintaining, carrying out, and communicating the department calendar and events to all other departments.
7. Plan, organize, coordinate, and effect focused outreach for the department, i.e., Egg Hunt, Fall Fest, and Vacation Bible School.
8. Develop and maintain a “check list” for quarterly assessing, reporting, and make recommendations of the physical needs of the Department, i.e., up-dating, repairs, and equipment. (Submit to the Executive Pastor.)
9. Submit a weekly written attendance report (email) to the Executive Pastor and Senior Pastor each Thursday covering the previous Sunday and Wednesday services.
1. Maintain, review and procure curriculum for Children’s Department.
2. Responsible to identify the need to acquire paid and volunteer staffing to the Executive Pastor.
3. Order background checks in alignment with policies and procedures of Tree of Life Church.
4. Prepare and submit all purchasing requests for Children’s Department.
5. Prepare and maintain a yearly budget for Children’s Department.
6. Maintain Children’s Department web page.
7. Develop, maintain, and revise when necessary a departmental Mission Statement in conformity with the TOLC Mission Statement for the department.
8. Develop and maintain a strategic planning process for the department.
9. Conduct an annual Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats (SWOT) analysis for the department.
10. Develop, maintain, assess, and revise when necessary a five year strategic plan for the department.
11. Develop a goal, objectives, outcomes, and assessment instruments for the department.
12. Develop benchmarks for the department.
13. Develop, maintain, and revise when necessary a policy and procedure manual for the department according to form.
14. Develop and maintain an official flow chart for the department (names, structure, etc.).
15. Educate, train, and mentor a “go-to guy” for when you are absent.
16. Develop job descriptions for paid and volunteer staff.
17. Develop evaluation criteria, evaluation forms, and system for paid and volunteer staff and for the department