This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Our Saviour's Lutheran Church
Naperville, Illinois, United States
Date Posted: 04/18/2011
Categories: Business/Administration - Executive Pastor
Church Size: 3001 to 4000
Job Type: Full-Time
"Shepherd of the Systems" assists the Senior Pastor and Church Council in achieving the top vision imperatives of the church by leading the development of strategies to implementation. Serves as mentor that motivates and develops staff to synergize and move in the same direction. Provide direction in Stewardship development. Catalyst that looks for innovative ways to help church evolve. Administrator that oversees operations of the church including Finance, Facilities, and Human Resources.
Mentor/Developer - motivate church staff to be their best; ensure ministry is in line with vision and values
- Work closely with Senior Pastor, Church Council and leadership teams to ensure strategy and implementation planning aligns with future direction of the church
- Provides candid feedback to Senior Pastor when vision/direction is not working or he/she feels that there is a better way.
- Motivate and mobilize staff and other members of the congregation recognizing individual strengths, delegating responsibility and maintaining reasonable oversight
- Coach staff to ensure new ideas are goal-oriented and aligned with other ministry areas
- Facilitate All-Staff and leadership development meetings.
Leader/Catalyst - invigorate existing ministry or begin new ones
- Look for new ways of organizing, operating or ministering that will increase the church's impact and influence for the kingdom of God, especially in the area of stewardship
- Lead the Communications Team to ensure all media avenues are explored and used effectively
- Work with staff and lay leadership to determine when events, ministries, or missions should be expanded or gracefully retired
- Network with other churches to discover best practices
Administrator - Manage business in the church
- Attend Church Council meetings. Provide monthly metrics reporting and recommendations for planning and financial health of organization
- Manage the ongoing operations of church support services, such as finance, facilities, and human resources
- Ensure that all staff and teams are operating effectively and held accountable for position roles and responsibilities. When needed, remove obstacles to goals/metric improvements such that the team/process is successful.
Skills and requirements:
Spiritually grounded in Christ
Strong leadership skills, but also a great listener to all levels of organization
Reputation for getting things done
Strong coaching/mentoring skills; 10+ years supervisory experience
Level and objective head - able to handle stressful situations in a calm manner
Ability to multi-task many large projects simultaneously
Ability to make tough decisions on a timely basis
Bachelor's degree required; MBA or other master's degree preferred
Five years non-profit leadership experience, in a larger church or other non-profit environment
Five years corporate experience in a management role
Financial experience preferred
Strategic planning experience preferred