This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Childrens Ministry Director
Calvary Bible Church
Bourbonnais, Illinois, United States
Date Posted: 04/13/2011
Categories: Children's Pastor
Denominations: Evangelical Free
Church Size: 351 to 500
Job Type: Full-Time
JOB DESCRIPTION FOR CHILDREN’S MINISTRY DIRECTOR
CALVARY BIBLE CHURCH
as of April 2011
Calvary Bible Church Profile
Calvary Bible Church is in Bourbonnais, IL, a growing city about an hour south of Chicago. We are affiliated with the Evangelical Free Churches of America. We are evangelical in theology, evangelistic in outlook, relational in approach, progressive in methodology, and varied in worship style. We are a balanced blend of people, from various backgrounds, in a wide range of trades and professions, at every age and stage of life. We are committed to serving children and families with a vibrant children’s ministry. In 2010, we averaged over 500 in attendance on Sundays. Our staff includes five full time ministry positions plus support personnel. Our facilities, built in 2002, are 24,000 sf, with 3,600 sf each of customized and dedicated space for both divisions – Early Childhood and Elementary. We are on 15 acres of land with lots of room for expansion. Our long range plan involves multiple building phases with a family life center, more educational space, and a new sanctuary.
The Mission of the Children’s Ministry is to provide:
- Reinforcement – in partnership with parents in Christian homes
- Rescue - of children who are not receiving Christian training at home
- Relationships - with other children in the context of a caring church family
The role of the CMD is to coordinate programs in pursuit of the mission stated above.
The strategy is to provide Bible-based programs in a safe environment that encourage:
- Faith – entering and enjoying life in Christ in the family of God
- Friendship – enjoying other children who are also growing in their faith
- Fun – enjoying the Christian life at a kid-friendly level of learning and experience
The current organizational structure in Children’s Ministry is two major divisions – Early Childhood (ages 0-Pre-K) and Elementary (K-5th grade).
The current programs in Children’s Ministry include:
- Sunday Morning
Early Childhood Care for ages 0 - Pre-K
Elementary Sunday School for K – 5th Grades
Elementary Children’s Church for K – 5th Grades
- Wednesday Evening Midweek Program during the school year (approx. Sep – May)
- Seasonal Events
Children’s Christmas Program (December)
Vacation Bible School (Summer)
The vital traits of the Children’s Ministry Director include:
- a clear profession of faith in Christ and consistent Christian character
- a servant’s heart, a love for children, a passion to be a children’s ministry “champion”
- agreement with the doctrine and mission and leadership of CBC
- skills in communication, recruitment, organization and administration
- a passion for the Gospel and a heart for the lost
- training and education related to children and ministry (bachelor’s degree preferred)
- experience in children’s ministry (staff role preferred but volunteer time considered)
The specific areas of responsibility of the CMD include:
- Staffing (recruit, screen, equip, encourage volunteers for children’s programs)
- Curriculum (preview, secure, implement program curriculum from reputable companies)
- General Needs (maintain basic equipment, supplies, and records)
- Coordination (with supervisor and other staff and ministries for maximum impact)
- General Involvement (as a member in the life of the church)
Average weekly hours for the CMD is an estimated 40 hours.
The job involves two major divisions – Early Childhood and Elementary. One full time person is preferred but part time applicants for each division will be considered.
- For more information about our church, see www.calvarybibleefree.com.
- To make inquiries, or to submit information electronically, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- To submit information by hard copy, mail to: Calvary Bible Church, 2587 East Armour Road, Bourbonnais, IL 60914, or fax to 815-932-4833.