This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Tampa, Florida, United States
Date Posted: 04/12/2011
Categories: Children's Pastor - Family Pastor
Church Size: 351 to 500
Job Type: Full-Time
Relevant Church is s fast pace, fast growing, contemporary church in the middle of the Club district of Tampa, Florida. The church is 6yrs old and just moved into a newly renovated 15,000 sq ft. 1938 warehouse. The family ministry currently has around 80-120 kids involved on a weekly basis from Birth -8th grade. There has been significant growth in our family ministry since we moved into our permanent facility. We are looking for someone to take this ministry to the next level as we continue to grow. This person should have experience in family ministry and a passion to see children and youth give their lives to Christ. You will be joining a team that is poised to experience exponential growth over the next few years. Before submitting your resume please review the job description below and visit our website www.relevantchurch.com and our video venue www.relevantchurch.tv and check us out. Once you have done all this and you feel like you are the person to fill this role, please submit your resume to our Administrative Assistant Tammie@relevantchurch.com and she will make sure our (SMT) Senior Management Team gets it. We look forward to hearing from you as we seek God’s wisdom in filling this vital role.
• Oversee the core ministries within our Family Ministry. This includes REAL KIDS (nursery, preschool, elementary), and our Student Ministry, IGNITE (5th-8th grade).
• Oversee the Sunday morning experience for Real Kids and Ignite
• Oversee the BT Washington outreach (Our tutor/mentor program with a local elementary school)
• Oversee the planning and coordination of Real Kids and Ignite events.
• Oversee the planning and coordination of Real Kids and Ignite camp.
• Recommend changes and modifications as needed to any established
Real Kids and Ignite programs and curriculum.
• Lead, empower, equip and shepherd the core leadership of the Real Kids and Ignite ministry teams.
• Recruit and connect leaders and volunteers to areas of Real Kids and Ignite that fit their individual passion and giftedness.
• Lead the periodic (minimum quarterly) Real Kids and Ignite ministry team meetings and attend all other ministry team meetings as necessary.
• Make decisions based on vision and budget.
• Develop and oversee the budget for Real Kids and Ignite Ministries.
• Promote Real Kids and Ignite and share the Vision for them within the church.
• Oversee the coordination of childcare for church-wide meetings/events like, Discovery Relevant, Ministry Hunt, and church growth groups.
• Oversee facility and safety needs for specific areas of ministry. This includes organization, structure and storage rooms for Real Kids and Ignite.
• Oversee the content of the Info Center and Website where it relates to real Kids and Ignite.
• 3-5 years experience in Family Ministry
• Passion to impact children and youth with the reality of Christ
• Ability to communicate with Parents and Children
• Good Interpersonal Skills
• Good character/ reputation
• Strong recruiting skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Self Starter/ Visionary
• Ability to delegate and lead at a high level
• The Family Pastor is accountable to the SMT
• Work with the Pastor to develop continuity between Real Kids, Ignite and Church.
• Provide monthly ministry reports to the SMT (Senior Management Team)
• Meet with the SMT on a regular basis to evaluate progress on vision development, planning, goals and objectives.
• This is a full time position
• Salary range 35K-45K depending on experience
• Salary and benefits will be negotiated before hire