This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Life Bible Fellowship Church
Upland, California, United States
Date Posted: 05/11/2011
Categories: Teaching Pastor
Church Size: 1501 to 2000
Job Type: Full-Time
JOB POSTING – APR 2011
Life Bible Fellowship Church
Life Bible Fellowship Church is a non-denominational church located in Upland, California with
approximate membership of 1500 people. It’s 40th anniversary was on April 1st of 2011. Through
three Sunday worship services, mid-week home and Bible Study groups and missions our goal is to
bring the gospel to a world in need and disciple people into fully devoted followers of Jesus
Christ. For more information about LBF including our statement of beliefs, visit us at
About the current teaching rotation
LBF has two teaching pastors on the teaching rotation currently. Because of the vast range of
responsibilities of the two current members of the teaching rotation (in addition to their teaching
responsibilities) our elder board has decided to hire a new primary teaching pastor. The new
primary pastor of teaching will be primarily responsible for developing messages and series and the
majority of the teaching at the Sunday services. Other individuals (including the two current
members of the teaching rotation), will also be asked teach throughout the year.
About the position
This is a full-time, 40 hours/week, permanent position with benefits, starting as soon as the right
person is found. This position reports to and is evaluated by our Lead Pastor. They would also be
expected to be part of our elder board which is responsible for overseeing our church. As such,
they must qualify with the Biblical standards of Eldership as laid out in scripture. Additionally,
as a staff member, this person will be expected to adhere to LBF’s statements of belief and staff
guidelines. In addition to teaching on Sundays, the primary teaching pastor will be responsible
for, but not necessarily limited to the following:
• Development of theological position papers as may be needed.
• Development of other lay teachers within our church for things such as small groups, Bible
studies and special topic classes.
• Teaching in other settings as may be needed.
How to apply [please read carefully, incomplete applicants will not be considered]
If you are interested in applying for the position, please do the following:
1. Review the attached job description in detail, ensuring you meet the minimum qualifications.
2. Submit a COVER LETTER, RESUME, and TEACHING SAMPLE to: firstname.lastname@example.org or
a. Cover letter should not be more than one page.
b. Please include in your cover letter how you heard about the position. If you were referred,
who referred you?
c. Teaching sample must be of the candidate speaking in front of a large group.
d. May only submit one sample, so please choose the best representation of all your teachings.
e. Links of videos, clips, YouTube postings, podcasts, are preferred over a CD mailed in.
f. Video is strongly encouraged.
3. Once your application has been received, you may be contacted for a phone or in-person
interview. We anticipate a large response to this position. In light of this, we will only be responding to those
who meet all the qualifications of our posting, display a compelling teaching style, and are a fit
with our LBF culture. If you do not hear back from us, you were not selected to move forward in the process.
• Devote significant time throughout the week studying God’s Word, in prayer, spiritual
disciplines, and preparing for the Sunday message.
• Create and Teach a message the majority of Sundays at all three services. (All three services
are identical in style
and substance at this point).
• Work with Worship Ministry in preparation for Sunday services.
• Write and implement curriculum for sermon based LBF small groups.
• Generate ideas, main themes, and be available to mentor and guide others asked to teach in
sermon preparation and delivery.
• Host life-expanding learning experiences for other teachers / leaders to aid in their personal
development and growth (engage other leaders, through the use of books, classes, speakers etc.)
• Partner with the elder board in the theological training/equipping of the LBF community.
• Be a spiritual leader/mentor to the LBF community.
• Model a godly lifestyle in all marriage, family, and ministry areas.
• Provide pastoral coverage throughout the week to the members of LBF.
• Provide spiritual oversight, leadership, and care to the church body.
• Partner with staff members and/or volunteers to meet pastoral needs.
• Participate and contribute in weekly staff meetings.
• Consistent and significant teaching experience in a large group setting. (5-10 years
• Ability through proven experience to lead, empower and direct others.
• Skilled and vibrant communicator.
• Practiced at interpersonal relationships.
• Exhibits a heart for evangelism and a deep desire to reach the lost for Christ.
• Ability to articulate clear vision.
• Have a desire to help implement LBF mission and vision.
• Display a proven value for team and have a teachable heart.
• Commit to personal, regular accountability with other godly men and maintains such
• General spiritual gifting in the areas of teaching, leadership and evangelism.
• Must agree with LBF’s statement of faith fully.
• Be in the process of obtaining or hold a Master’s Degree in Theology, Biblical Studies, or
Pastoral Care (or its equivalent training) from an institution with a statement of faith
substantially similar to that of Life Bible
Fellowship. A Master of Divinity degree or higher is preferred.