This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Family Ministries Director or Pastor
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
Date Posted: 04/08/2011
Categories: Children's Pastor - Youth Pastor
Denominations: Baptist --SBC
Church Size: 151 to 250
Job Type: Full-Time
Northdale Baptist Church is committed to ministering to families with children and youth. It is not simply children’s ministry—or even ministry only to families with children. Rather, Family Ministries is the synergy of best practices from what are typically two separate ministries—children and youth—into one ministry
Accountable To: Lead Pastor
Ministry Target: Children / Youth and their families
Spiritual Gifts: Leadership and Teaching, with either Administration or Evangelism
1. Must feel a definite call into ministry with children / youth and their families.
2. Previous experience in children’ and youth ministry with formal training.
3. Practical ability to design a development program using various curricula, which, when implemented, leads to valued outcomes in a family’s life. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated competency in designing relevant, age-based programming for different age groups.
4. Passion for partnering with parents to shepherd their children so that families are experiencing a life-changing relationship with Jesus.
5. Must demonstrate evidence of Spiritual maturity and Leadership with an ability to recruit and mobilize a team of volunteers to assist in caring out the ministry’s mission.
6. Must have good verbal and written communication skills as well as the ability to relate to children and youth.
7. Must demonstrate good organizational skills
1. Participates as a vital member of the ministry staff with the responsibility of leading children and youth into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
2. Recruit and train a network of volunteers to assist in the youth and children’s ministry.
3. Build relationships with children / youth and their families.
4. Develop and oversee a discipleship process that moves children and youth to a deeper level of spiritual maturity and
ministry service while attempting to engage the families at some level in the process.
5. Plan and coordinate activities that foster healthy social interactions and provides a venue for discipleship and evangelistic
6. Host quarterly parent meetings for the purpose of communication and engaging whole families in the overall ministry.
7. Develop in collaboration with ministry leaders, a yearly strategic plan with goals and objectives for the youth/children’s
ministry to be reviewed quarterly and submitted to the pastor.
8. Plan and oversee youth mission trips, youth and children’s camps, including destination, objectives, funding, logistics, etc.
9. Takes a leadership role in Vacation Bible School as part of church evangelistic outreach.
10. Will be required to deliver Sunday morning message on occasion.