This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Minister of Christian Arts
Indiana Ave. Baptist Church
Lubbock, Texas, United States
Date Posted: 04/08/2011
Categories: Music Ministry
Denominations: Baptist --SBC
Church Size: 751 to 1000
Job Type: Full-Time
Indiana Ave. Baptist Church (IABC) is seeking an energetic and visionary Minister of Christian Arts to join the staff of our strong and vibrant church. IABC is a casual, multi-generational church located in the friendly West Texas community of Lubbock. Lubbock has a population of over 210,000 and offers an excellent quality of life. Often referred to as the Hub City of the South Plains, Lubbock is a major medical care center, a leading agricultural producer, and the home to many prominent musicians.
Description of Position:
The role of this full-time position is to lead our church body in authentic worship for God and facilitate the growth of the Kingdom of Jesus Christ in Lubbock, its surrounding communities, and the world. Music, both instrumental and vocal, is expected to be the primary component of worship, but not the only component. Specific responsibilities include:
• Overseeing worship planning and effective implementation for all services. IABC currently offers two Sunday morning services at the main campus and one College service (under the direction of the College Pastor) at a secondary campus.
• Finding and developing talented musicians, vocalists, and other volunteers (e.g., media, technology support) to help create an engaging, energetic, and effective worship service. (We have many already, so this shouldn’t be a problem.)
• Developing a culture of musical excellence regardless of style and genre of music.
• Creating and maintaining joyful relationships with musicians, vocalists, and other personnel.
• Working closely with other members of the Executive Staff (i.e., Senior Pastor, Youth Minister, College Minister, Children’s Minister, Education Minister) to effectively develop, lead, and evaluate worship services.
• Providing music support for special events, holidays, and other church-related activity.
• Assisting in planning and administrating the budget for the Christian Arts Ministry.
• Overseeing other aspects of a complete (or comprehensive) music ministry such as video, drama, and visual arts at a variety of age levels.
• Making worship joyful and meaningful!
A Minister of Christian Arts at IABC must, first and foremost, possess a passion for God and a desire to spread the message of Jesus Christ to others. He must walk daily with Jesus, continuously seeking a stronger personal relationship with Him. Other qualifications include:
• Prior experience leading worship.
• Musical giftedness both vocally and instrumentally.
• A willingness to diligently pursue a worship service that reaches across generations in an energetic and forward-thinking way. We are open to how this can be accomplished – lead us!
• An ability and desire to create and develop a dynamic, engaging, and effective worship team that can grow both spiritually and musically.
• Leadership capabilities that inspire and motivate the music ministry and the congregation.
• Positive, enthusiastic, and open-minded attitude.
• Self-motivation and a strong work ethic (we do live in West Texas).
• A sense of humor!
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org