This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Chinese Baptist Church/Houston, Texas
Houston, Texas, United States
Date Posted: 04/11/2011
Categories: Senior Pastor
Denominations: Baptist --SBC
Church Size: 351 to 500
Job Type: Full-Time
Senior Pastor Position
Chinese Baptist Church of Houston (CBC), with a weekly worship attendance around 500, is a predominantly English-and Cantonese-speaking church with some Mandarin speaking members, is seeking a Senior Pastor.
Preferred qualifications are:
1. Have a master’s or higher degree from an accredited seminary.
2. Have a minimum of 6 years prior experience as a senior pastor of a church equivalent in size to CBC.
3. A pastor who:
a. Is a gifted teacher who enables persons to learn and understand deep spiritual truths.
b. Is a person with a leadership vision and a well-developed vision for the future of the church.
c. Is an effective communicator of well-prepared sermons.
d. Is a person who emphasizes discipleship and spiritual growth.
e. Is a skilled counselor available to assist with personal and spiritual problems.
4. Speaks English fluently; the ability to speak Cantonese is a big plus.
5. Have a strong experience with Asian culture with very good exposure to American and Chinese cultures as well.
Additional requirements are found below in What Chinese Baptist Church Believes. Please visit our website www.cbchouston.org for further information about CBC.
What Chinese Baptist Church Believes:
• The Holy Bible, consisting of 66 books from Genesis to Revelation, is the inspired words of God and the perfect standard for faith and practice.
• There is only one true and living God, who is the creator and ruler of the universe. God is united in three distinctive, inseparable and yet equally divine persons - the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
• Human beings are created by and under the laws of God, but fell from their original happy state by voluntary rebellion against God. As a consequence, all human beings are now sinners separated from God, born with depravity and under just condemnation of eternal ruin, without defense or excuse.
• Jesus Christ is the Son of God who became flesh. He voluntarily died on the cross as the substitutionary atonement for all of our sins. Having risen from the dead, He is now enthroned in Heaven. He will return someday to judge the world.
• The salvation of sinners is wholly of God’s grace. We receive this grace through repentance and faith in Jesus Christ alone. The blessings of salvation are made free and available to all, (i.e. unlimited atonement, unlimited in scope). We are responsible for deciding our eternal future by either accepting or rejecting the gift of salvation from God through Jesus Christ.
• Election is the gracious purpose of God, according to which He regenerates, justifies, sanctifies, and glorifies sinners. It is consistent with the free agency of man, and comprehends all the means in connection with the end.
• Regeneration is the work of the Holy Spirit in the hearts of sinners in order to secure their voluntary obedience to the gospel.
• Sanctification is a progressive work that begins in regeneration and is carried on in the hearts of believers by the presence and power of the Holy Spirit with the ultimate purpose of growing into the full measure of Jesus Christ.
• Believers who endure unto the end with their preserving attachment to Christ are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation.
• Baptism is the immersion in water of a believer, into the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit to demonstrate our faith in the crucified, buried, and risen Savior Jesus Christ. It is also the prerequisite to the privileges of a church relation and the Lord’s Supper.
The above is a highlight of our core belief based on the Articles of Faith of Chinese Baptist Church. For the complete understanding of our faith position, please refer to the Articles of Faith of Chinese Baptist Church on our website.
***Applications will be accepted until June 15, 2011
Qualified applicants, please send resume to:
Attn: Tommy Ligh/Shirley Lau
Pastor Search Team
Chinese Baptist Church
900 Brogden Rd.
Houston, TX 77024
Or, email to email@example.com