This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Interim Contemporary Worship Service Music Leader
First Presbyterian Church
San Antonio, Texas, United States
Date Posted: 04/06/2011
Categories: Music Ministry
Denominations: Presbyterian -- PCUSA
Church Size: 2501 to 3000
Job Type: Part-Time
POSITION: Interim Contemporary Worship Service Music Leader (Exempt) (About 10 hours/week)
SALARY: $250 per week based on 10 hours
REPORTS TO: Executive Associate Pastor
SUPERVISES: Volunteer musicians, sound system technicians, and set-up helpers
RESPONSIBILITY: To provide and lead music and music-related support for the contemporary worship service, in accordance with the schedules and guidance from the Executive Associate Pastor, as well as to oversee an effective contemporary music ministry at the church.
1. Plan, coordinate and lead music for the church’s contemporary service based on input from the preaching pastor and/or supervisor, in order to facilitate a worshipful atmosphere through direction and encouragement.
2. Oversee the set-up and take-down, preparation and logistics for music at each contemporary worship service.
3. Plan and lead weekly practice for the worship band.
4. Call, develop, oversee and train band members in music technique and provide for their spiritual development as necessary.
5. Create or oversee the creation of slides used in worship.
6. Oversee the use of audio and visual equipment in conjunction with lead technician volunteer, visuals volunteer, other volunteers, supervisor, the church’s network administration, and the Executive Associate Pastor.
7. Periodically lead music for special events in the life of the church as requested or approved by supervisor.
8. Attend Contemporary Worship Committee meetings.
9. Other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
1. Zeal for the worship of God.
2. A demonstrated understanding of the biblical and Reformed theological underpinnings of worship.
3. Developed musical gifts, especially voice and at least one major instrument such as guitar or keyboard.
4. The ability to direct the congregation’s attention to God.
5. Abilities to lead, organize, equip, encourage and communicate effectively.
6. An advanced level of musical knowledge and expertise, including ability to compose new music to be sung in worship services, as well as willingness and ability to use music software for that purpose.
7. Knowledge of and skill to use Media Shout.