Job Title: Pastor/Director of Student Ministries
Classification: Exempt/Full time
Ministry: Family (FM)
Reports to: Family Ministries Pastor
Effective Date: 06-01-11
The role of the Student Ministry Pastor/Director is to provide leadership, development and direction for the Student Ministry staff and volunteer programming teams as it pertains to the vision, mission and strategy of all environments specific to Riverside Family Ministries. The Student Ministry Pastor/Director also provides direct oversight to all Middle School Ministries (Grades 6-8)
* Provide vision, strategy, & development for all Student Ministry environments (6th – 12th Grade)
* Provide leadership, direction and training for all Student Ministry Staff (Currently Full-Time High School Pastor)
* Direct oversight of all Middle School Ministries (6th – 8th Grade)
* Recruit and oversee adult volunteer team; providing leadership, training, and appreciation (Middle School)
* Provide care and counsel to students and their families
* Developing and maintaining the Student Ministry portion of the Family Ministries financial budget
* Responsible for check-in procedure, and tracking weekly attendance
* Work with the FM Assistant to maintain adequate communication with students, volunteers and parents
* Coordinate programming and planning with the Pastor/Director of High School ministry and the FM Pastor
* Regularly serve as an FM Volunteer during Sunday Morning Ministry (i.e. monthly rotation for one of the following: Nursery,
Early Childhood, Elementary or FM Tech, and available to help FM Team when needed)
* Participate in quarterly “All Family Ministry” events
EDUCATION, SKILLS, ABILITIES, SPIRITUAL GIFTS:
* Active and growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ, evidenced by action, attitude and behavior.
* Basic working understanding of “Orange” Family Ministries (Think Orange, The Essence of Orange, Reggie Joiner).
* A passion for Student Ministry and to see families grow in their faith together.
* BA or BS degree in student ministry or secondary education or related field required; bible and theology degree desirable.
* Meets Biblical qualifications for pastoral leadership.
* 5+ years of youth leadership experience.
* Experience with direction and administration of church ministries.
* Effective communication skills: written, verbal and interpersonal.
* Demonstrated ability to understand and relate to students and their families.
* Ability to recruit, motivate and equip interns and volunteer leaders to minister to students.
* Ability to work as part of a multiple staff while integrating student programs with the entire church ministry.
* Willing to pursuing licensing, and ordination/consecration with the C&MA.
RIVERSIDE COMPETENCIES AND EXPECTATIONS:
* Fully embraces Riverside Church’s mission, vision and values (http://www.myriversidechurch.com/pages/page.asp?page_id=63303)
* Be reliable, take initiative, and be self motivated.
* Embrace and adapt to growth, change, innovation and creativity.
* Use appropriate judgment in the areas of discretion, sensitivity and confidentiality.
* Have a cooperative, healthy and motivating relationship with supervisors and coworkers.
* Reports to the Family Ministries Pastor.
* Supervises and directs the Student Ministry Staff.
* Receives support from Family Ministries Assistant and Family Ministries.
* Works closely with Facilities Team, Community Life, Communication Arts, Volunteer Ministries, Care Ministries, etc.
* Compensation is structured around this mid-level Pastor/Director position and applicants work related experience.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume, along with a cover letter to Judy, Riverside's HR Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Student Ministries DirectorDayspring Church
- Auburn, Indiana
- October 25
Pastor of Worship and Student MinistriesBrenham Bible Church
- Brenham, Texas
- October 25
Youth PastorONEeighty Church
- Springville, Alabama
- October 25
Senior Pastor (767612)The Shepherd's Staff
- USA Southeast, Florida
- October 24
Youth PastorOrchardville Church
- Xenia, Illinois
- October 24
Riverside Church resides in central Minnesota, just west of the metro areas of Minneapolis and St. Paul. Strategically located on the boundaries of Big Lake and Monticello, we also regularly serve the surrounding communities of Becker, Buffalo, Clear Lake, St. Michael, Albertville, and Elk River.
We place a high value on reaching people and helping them become fully devoted followers of Christ and our mission is unapologetically outward focused both in our community and around the world. Our primary local ou More...