This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Children's Ministries
Living Word Church
Wildwood, Missouri, United States
Date Posted: 04/04/2011
Categories: Children's Pastor
Denominations: United Methodist
Church Size: 751 to 1000
Job Type: Full-Time
Director of Children’s Ministries Job Posting
Living Word United Methodist Church, in the Wildwood community of western St. Louis County, seeks a full-time Director of Children’s Ministries to lead a vibrant and growing children’s ministry that currently serves over 300 children in Sunday morning and weekday ministries. The mission statement of Living Word UMC is: “To bring Jesus Christ to all people, strengthen their faith and prepare them for ministry”, and the members of Living Word believe that children represent both the present and the future of the church. It is a goal of Living Word to provide spiritual formation for children, their parents, and families – to prepare a child for a lifetime of discipleship and to help parents run the race alongside their child as a spiritual coach.
The Director of Children’s Ministries at Living Word
• coordinates the ministries of Living Word that reach children directly and indirectly by working with lay leaders and volunteers
• serves children by leading them into deeper relationships with Christ by offering meaningful, culturally relevant ministries, without compromise of scripture, in ways that children from birth through 5th grade can receive and understand
• connects with parents to help them acquire spiritual tools so they can be the primary spiritual trainers for Christian discipleship within their families
• provides oversight and supervision to the Living Word Early Childhood Center Director and the Living Word Sunday Morning Nursery Coordinators
• reports to and is under the overall supervision of the Associate Pastor of Age Level Ministries and is ultimately accountable to the Lead Pastor
• will have attained at least a baccalaureate degree, with a masters degree that includes coursework in Christian Education and a focus in Children’s Discipleship preferred.
Resumes should be directed to Kim Cox, Financial Administrator, at 17315 Manchester Road, Wildwood, MO 63038, or email@example.com. A complete job description is available upon request.