This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Pastor of Student Ministries
Community Bible Church
High Point, North Carolina, United States
Date Posted: 04/04/2011
Categories: Youth Pastor
Denominations: Evangelical Free
Church Size: 1001 to 1500
Job Type: Full-Time
• Provide leadership and vision for student ministry and team.
• Develop a ministry to the college students of CBC and surrounding community.
• Integrate college students into the student and adult ministries of CBC.
• Equip and lead students in a deeper walk with Christ.
• Recruiting, developing, and supporting a team of volunteers.
• Effectively teach in large and small group settings.
• Provide evangelism training and outreach opportunities to lead students to Christ.
• Counsel students and/or parents as needed or requested.
• Plan yearly calendar of events including a teaching schedule, trips and special events.
• Find or create curriculum for Sunday morning, Sunday night, and small groups.
• Recruit and train teachers, small group leaders and volunteers for ministry.
• Communicate with parents about ministry and events, with elders about ministry progress and direction, and with deacons about the practical needs of the ministry.
• Oversee Student Ministry Assistant and other volunteers/interns.
• Lead weekly meeting for middle school (Metro) and high school (PrimeTime).
• Reach out to CBC students who are disconnected from the student ministry.
• Plan summer service trips and fundraising events.
• Administer budgets, policies, and oversee student ministry website and facebook page.
• Other pastoral duties such as preaching, administering the ordinances, visitation, weddings, funerals, or other assignments as needed.