This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Student Ministries Staff
Ward Evangelical Presbyterian Church
Northville, Michigan, United States
Date Posted: 04/04/2011
Categories: Youth Pastor
Church Size: 2501 to 3000
Job Type: Full-Time
Ward Church is seeking a full time Student Ministries Assistant to serve on our Student Ministries team. This person will report to Director of Student Ministries. This team is specifically charged with attracting, leading and shepherding middle school (grades 6-8) and high school (grades 9-12) students in their relationship with Jesus, with other believers, and with those far from God.
• Gives evidence of a contagious personal faith in and walk with Jesus and a love for the lost
• Energized by interaction with people: students, parents, leaders, congregants, staff
• Gifted in recruiting / equipping adult volunteers, and supporting parents, in their efforts to foster a love and respect for God in students
• Spiritually gifted and committed to teach God’s Word and apply biblical principles to students
• Ministry experience in a church environment, especially student ministries
• Passion for the place of the local church in student’s lives (providing community, instruction, accountability, counsel, compassion)
• Passion for equipping students to engage in their own life-long spiritual engagement
• Ability to embrace and promote multiple levels of student engagement, from “hanging with my friends” to “committing to accountability and living a spirit directed life.”
• Ability to perceive varying spiritual maturity levels in students and develop / implement methods for leading students into increased depth of relationship with Christ, regardless of their starting point.
AREAS OF RESPONSBILTIY
• Directly participate on the Student Ministry team whose focus is to engage 6th-12th grade students to love God, serve others, and share their faith
• Proactively interact with students and their families to build natural and lasting relationships with God and connections to the Ward student’s team.
• Identify, recruit , train and encourage a strong volunteer leadership team
• Regularly participate in, equip and evaluate small group experiences for students
• Oversee, teach and otherwise lead dynamic large group experiences that engage students
• Imagine and implement experiences designed to promote students perspective of their impact within the church, in their local and global communities.
Interested individuals: email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org