This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
New Town United Methodist Church
Williamsburg, Virginia, United States
Date Posted: 04/01/2011
Denominations: United Methodist
Church Size: 351 to 500
Job Type: Part-Time
Position Title: Audio/Visual Engineer
The Audio/Visual Engineer’s primary responsibility is to provide audio and visual leadership to support the worship services at New Town UMC.
Staff Relationships and Time Requirements:
1. The Audio/Visual Engineer works under the leadership of the Director of Worship Ministries.
2. This position is a part-time ministry position and time requirements may vary, but is based upon 15 hours per week. Primary work days are currently Sunday, Wednesday and Thursdays.
3. Arrangements for time off should be made in agreement with the Director of Worship Ministry three weeks in advance whenever possible.
1. A strong life commitment to Jesus Christ as demonstrated by fruitfulness, personal discipleship, and acceptable moral, social and legal behavior.
2. Strive to maintain the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.
3. A knowledge of and commitment to the Simple Church Model and vision Statements of NTUMC.
4. A high proficiency in live-sound mixing, sound board technology, and basic system wiring/routing.
5. Ability to create the appropriate audio mix for any given situation.
6. Have an “ear” for music beyond the technical knowledge—balancing the art and science of audio mixing.
7. Thorough knowledge of sound equipment, media equipment, projection software, and their purposes and applications in the church setting.
8. Familiarity with current Christian music and sound trends.
9. Request the employee become a member of NTUMC.
1. Provide audio/visual support for Sunday services, rehearsals and special events.
2. Be available to run sound for special services as needed.
3. Oversee maintenance and/or upgrades to the audio and visual equipment.
4. When needed, oversee and assist in training sound team and media team volunteers.
5. Coordinate volunteer schedule to ensure every service or program that requires the use of the sound board and/or projection software is covered.
6. Provide input into the design and growth of the audio-visual ministry.
Please submit Resume to Richard@newtownunc.org along with an application that can be found at http://www.box.net/shared/h7c9kagpih