This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Minister of Music
Bethel Baptist Church
Yorktown, Virginia, United States
Date Posted: 03/31/2011
Categories: Associate Pastor - Music Ministry
Denominations: Baptist --SBC
Church Size: 501 to 750
Job Type: Full-Time
5 years of experience in leading a choir/orchestra
• Maintain a close walk with the Lord through personal Bible study and prayer.
• Set an example of devotion to family.
• Model personal soul winning, holiness and purity.
• Maintain a positive attitude and Christ-like spirit toward all.
• W-I-T: Whatever It Takes At Bethel our staff is committed to servant leadership. Whatever it takes to win people to Christ and develop them into mature disciples, we will do it.
• Leads the sanctuary choir and orchestra through recruitment, rehearsal and weekly worship services, maintains prayer and evangelism as essential qualities of the ministry.
• Leads in worship through the selection and conducting of a balanced range of scripturally sound, God-centered music.
• Develops a ministry of ensembles or praise teams, which utilizes vocal group combinations.
• Approves and schedules special music solos and ensembles.
• To oversee the children’s music ministry beginning with preschoolers.
• Utilizes musical expertise to teach singers and musicians how to maximize their talents.
• Assist Pastor in educating the congregation in the lifestyle of worship.
• Mobilize musicians of our church for missions and ministry outside of the church.
• Plan the yearly calendar of events in consultation with other staff.
• Organize and coordinate musical performances during significant time in Christian life: Easter and Christmas, etc
• Maintain a regular schedule of choir and orchestara practices.