This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Children's Ministry Director
Lakeside United Methodist Church
Houston, Texas, United States
Date Posted: 03/31/2011
Categories: Children's Pastor - Christian Education
Denominations: United Methodist
Church Size: 151 to 250
Job Type: Part-Time
Lakeside United Methodist Church is looking for an experienced, self-motivated leader to direct our Children’s Ministry. To provide the framework for a firm foundation in children, from infancy through the completion of 5th grade.
The candidate should be a team player, self-starter and possess an understanding of how to grow a dynamic Children’s Ministry. A qualified applicant should have previous Children’s Ministry experience, a four year college degree (preferred) as well as the following characteristics:
* A strong, personal relationship with Jesus Christ
* Leadership skills with the ability to communicate vision and direction for the church’s children’s ministry
* Communication skills that give you the ability to talk to children and parents in a positive and nurturing manner
* Strong organizational skills, with the ability to plan, implement and evaluate age-appropriate worship, connection,
growth and service
* The ability to recruit, train and maintain a “pool” of adult and student volunteers
* 2- 4 years experience preferred (working with children and families in a variety to settings)
* Ability to train and adhere to the Safe Sanctuary Policy
* Active church member or willing to become a member of Lakeside UMC
* The capability of communicating effectively verbally and through various forms of written materials such as
computer systems and programs
* Creative skills to develop programs and outreach opportunities for this age group on a regular basis in
accordance with church’s vision (determined by Senior Pastor)
* Develop an environment climate for children, that is safe, supportive and cultivates spiritual growth.
This is a part time, salaried position with a pay scale of $20k-$25k based on experience. If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume and related information to email@example.com.