This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Sierra Madre Congregational Church
Sierra Madre, California, United States
Date Posted: 03/28/2011
Church Size: 501 to 750
Job Type: Full-Time
Sierra Madre Congregational Church is a nondenominational church located in the community of Sierra Madre, CA, a suburb of Los Angeles, celebrating its 125th anniversary. SMCC is seeking a Business Administrator.
This is a full-time salaried position. SMCC has an average attendance exceeding 700 worshippers each Sunday, an annual budget of over $2,000,000, and a full-time staff of 10 plus 6 FTE’s.
Please submit a resume including salary requirements with a personally written cover letter by email no later than May 6th, 2011 to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Business Administrator oversees financial management, information technology (IT) management, human resources (HR) management, administrative staff, and facilities management. The Business Administrator reports to the Senior Pastor and in conjunction with the Elder Council, Trustees Commission, and Personnel Commission.
The Business Administrator’s duties and responsibilities will include:
• Oversee all accounting functions and systems including G/L, payroll, accounts payables, preparation of monthly financial statements, month-end closeouts and banking operations
• Budget development and reporting
• Preparation of analysis and reports for Senior Pastor, Elders and Trustees
• Management of the church business operations and assets
• IT functions including setting IT policy, hardware and software acquisitions, support, and management of website maintenance
• Establishing and updating personnel policies and procedures
• Supervision of maintenance and upkeep of building, grounds, and landscaping
SPECIAL SKILLS AND QUALITIES
• High level of integrity and trustworthiness
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to negotiate and problem solve
• Ability to work in a team environment with all levels of the organization and volunteers
• Organized with a strong attention to detail
• Professional, proactive, and able to prioritize
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related studies preferred
• 5 years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Business Administration experience with a focus on accounting and/or finance is a plus
• Secular business leadership experience is highly applicable to this position
• Supervisory experience
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS: Commensurate with experience.