This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
New Hope Church of Wayne
Wayne, Michigan, United States
Date Posted: 03/28/2011
Categories: Music Ministry
Denominations: Baptist -- American
Church Size: 751 to 1000
Job Type: Part-Time
NEW HOPE CHURCH
The choir director will organize and direct the choir. Progressive and growing African American church in Western Wayne County (Wayne, MI) with membership of 1000 is seeking an individual who loves a challenge of growing a ministry, loves creative out-of-the-box ministry. Must be fun-loving, hard-working, able to manage volunteers, creative, organized, and able to communicate, read music and teach music to all age groups. In addition, this individual should have a teachable spirit with a desire to learn and grow in this ministry as they serve. He/she should be an energetic, people-oriented person who strives to build strong relationships with both children/youth and their parents as well.
Ministry Area/Department Music
Position Choir Director
Accountable To Pastor
Ministry Target Congregation
Position Is Volunteer
Position May Be Filled By Church member
Minimum Maturity Level Stable, maturing Christian
Spiritual Gifts Administration • Exhortation • Pastor/shepherd
Talents or Abilities Desired Good leadership skills • Organizer • Experience in directing a choir or musical group
Best Personality Traits Dependable • Consistent • Neat • Good character • Organized
Passion For Exalting God, exhorting the saints and influencing the lost through music
Length of Service Commitment At the will of the Pastor
ANTICIPATED TIME COMMITMENTS
1. Doing ministry/preparing for ministry: approx. 6 hours per choir per week; more during special events
2. Participating in meetings/training: one hour a week minimum
1. Work in conjunction with music director to select and obtain music.
2. Schedule and direct weekly choir rehearsals.
3. Recruit new members for the choir.
4. Direct the choir during services and special performances as scheduled.
5. Encourage and pray for the choir members.
6. Keep members informed of the rehearsals and performances.
7. Schedule special performances in the community.
8. Organize, maintain and update the music library.
9. Schedule, attend, and/or direct weekly and special rehearsals.
10. Select music and direct special groups and solos.
11. Provide training for choirs and musical groups.
12. Recruit new members for the music ministry.
13. Select and coordinate congregational songs with sermon topics and seasonal themes.
Lead and/or designate congregational singing.
14. Arrange for special music during every regular service—either by adult choir, special musical groups, soloists, youth or children’s choirs.
15. Plan and direct Christmas and Easter musicals.
16. Coordinate with sound technician as needed.
17. Oversee budget and expenditures for the music and drama ministries.
18. Coordinate music for all special church events.
19. Attend music workshops and seminars for professional development.
18. And other duties as assigned.
Contact Ramona Parker-Hayden at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.