This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
New River Community Church
South Windsor, Connecticut, United States
Date Posted: 11/01/2011
Categories: Associate Pastor - Family Pastor
Denominations: Christian Missionary Alliance
Church Size: 151 to 250
Job Type: Full-Time
TITLE: Associate Pastor
New River Community Church in South Windsor, CT is currently seeking an Associate Pastor. This position will have an emphasis on Youth and Family ministries and complement the Senior Pastor in growing and discipling our community. We seek a leader who can effectively motivate and direct our passionate volunteers and manage projects such as retreats and outreach opportunities. We desire a candidate with a passion for growing and mentoring our youth, while possessing a gifting in administration to implement plans to grow the community of believers in Connecticut. We prefer someone who is licensed and ordained with the Christian and Missionary Alliance.
OUR MINISTRY PHILOSOPHY
We believe that ministry starts with, and is empowered by, an intimate relationship with Jesus Christ. We believe that being filled with and baptized in the Holy Spirit is vital to experiencing that intimacy. We recognize and practice all the spiritual gifts listed in Scripture. We believe that people grow best when they are committed to intentional discipling relationships. This is the reason why we are building Life Groups as a central component to our ministry strategy. We also believe that the local church being a living organism should multiply in every way: Christians growing other Christians; leaders developing other leaders; life groups starting other life groups and the church as a whole starting other churches.
YOUR MINISTRY TO YOUTH / TEENS
• Lead our ministry to youth
• Build a team of parents and others to help in the youth ministry
• Be available to youth to build relationships and mentor through times of need
• Grow a youth program which reaches the community at large and not just the children of our church
• Communicate effectively with parents
YOUR MINISTRY TO CHILDREN
• Oversee and cultivate our ministry to children. This includes: Grow Zone (Sunday School), energize (4th-5th grade ministry), and summer ministries.
• Oversee and support the Christian Education and Nursery Directors.
• Recruit ministry volunteers as needed.
YOUR MINISTRY TO ADULT DISCIPLESHIP
• Support the Senior Pastor in preparing weekly services
• Coordinate retreats and annual Vision banquet
• Preach to the congregation as needed during Senior Pastor absences
The Associate Pastor should possess the following:
• Commitment to our Lord Jesus Christ and a passion to know God more
• Self motivated to serve Jesus and share God’s Word
• View ministry as a lifestyle and not just a job
• A hunger to grow in knowledge and skill to be the best leader possible
• At least a Bachelor’s degree in Bible / Ministry or related studies.
• Minimum of 3 years of church ministry experience preferred
• Giftings in administration and leadership
• Demonstrated ability to disciple students
• Able to work flexible or overtime hours as needed
• Must be able to handle confidential matters and material with integrity
• Must maintain a commitment to advancing studies and continuing education.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Pastor Search Team
Phone: (860) 648-2970
Mail: New River Community Church
1750 Ellington Rd.
South Windsor, CT 06066