Bay Hills Community Church is located in one of the most beautiful (San Francisco/Oakland Bay Area), yet secular, areas of our country. In this context we’ve experienced continued yearly growth, with an attendance of around 650 on Sunday morning, and sense
God has exciting plans ahead for us. Bay Hills is a modern, upbeat, purpose-driven, seeker-sensitive church where we have a passion to reach the un-churched in our community for Christ.
We are currently looking for an individual who loves the challenge of growing a ministry, creative out-of-the-box thinking, and believes in the importance of developing Christ followers through discipleship and small groups. This new small groups pastor position
will initially require 5-10 hours of work per week.
• Character- Must be a mature growing follower of Jesus Christ. It must be obvious in everything that they are passionate about their relationship with God.
• Chemistry – They must “fit in well” with the culture and staff of Bay Hills.
• Competency – Ultimately we are expecting someone who can coordinate and multiply our small group and discipleship ministries and take it to the next level.
• Responsible for the promotion, training and organization of all small groups
• Must be able to creatively develop multiple types of groups that will reach people at different stages of their spiritual walk
• Will train facilitators and leaders of the groups
• Must support and keep in mind the overall discipleship strategy of Bay Hills while implementing small groups.
• Strong organizational skills are critical to this position
• Must be proactive and intentional about recruiting new leaders to serve within small groups
The salary range is dependent on experience, education, and ability.
If you are interested in further discussing this position and desire more information please email a resume to our Office Manager, Brigette at firstname.lastname@example.org
(The subject line should read Small Groups Pastor) or send a hard copy to
Bay Hills Community Church
4950 Appian Way, El Sobrante CA 94803