This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Contemporary Worship Leader
Trinity United Methodist Church
Richmond , Virginia, United States
Date Posted: 03/19/2011
Categories: Music Ministry - Worship Pastor
Denominations: United Methodist
Church Size: Not Applicable
Job Type: Part-Time
Trinity United Methodist Church is seeking a dynamic, visionary leader to direct its existing Contemporary Worship ministry. Trinity, located on Forest Avenue in Richmond, VA, (www.trinityumc.net), has a 13-year-old Contemporary Worship ministry with average weekly attendance of approx. 200 worshippers, as well as two traditional services. The Contemporary ministry is led by a Praise Team with approx. 15 to 20 active participants (singers, band, and media support), which is in need of a leader and musical director with a demonstrated passion for Contemporary Christian music and worship.
1. Act as the primary Worship Leader for weekly and special contemporary services. Lead the body in worship with music, prayer, and other elements. Create a welcoming and participatory worship atmosphere that is relevant to a multi-generational congregation. Participate in and sometimes lead special or seasonal services. Participate in scheduled worship planning & staff meetings.
2. Develop, communicate, lead, and maintain a dynamic vision for the future of contemporary worship at Trinity, as our ministry grows and evolves over time. This requires building strong interpersonal, Christ-centered relationships with the Ministers, Office Staff, The Praise Team, congregation, and lay leaders.
3. Recruit, train and lead The Praise Team. Be familiar with and select appropriate Contemporary Christian music that is glorifying to God and is current and relevant. Coach, coordinate and teach new music, which may include arranging, directing song “road maps”, and rewriting music to fit a group, soloist, or the congregation. Recruit, assemble and lead the Praise Team including scheduling and running weekly rehearsals. Develop, nurture, and hold accountable internal leaders. Maintain instruments and equipment.
4. Provide the Praise Team, a small group ministry, with Spiritual Leadership through prayer, devotions, mission work, and team-building.
5. Oversee all technical aspects/support pertinent to contemporary worship. Assist in building & coordinating multimedia selections and setup for services. Recruit a team of Audio & Visual specialists to execute all technical needs during worship. Inspect and be responsible for all final media elements which will be used in worship.
6. Supervise & mentor the Youth Praise Team. Provide general mentoring and leadership development to facilitate youth-lead worship. Assist in selecting youth-relevant Contemporary Christian music. Coach, coordinate and teach new music. Supervise and provide guidance for weekly rehearsals. Develop, nurture, and hold accountable internal leaders. Recruit and develop future team members. Maintain instruments & equipment.
7. 30-hour work week, salary negotiable.
The candidate must possess:
• passion and enthusiasm for Contemporary Christian music and worship, which includes a thorough and dynamic knowledge of the Contemporary Christian music lexicon as it continues to change and evolve;
• talent for developing and projecting a vision for our ministry, which encompasses the skills and resources available in our congregation, and which fits with the overall vision of our congregation;
• demonstrated musical leadership ability;
• spiritual leadership, both of the Praise Team and the congregation as a whole, with a theological basis that does not conflict with the Methodist canon.
• superior organizational skills.
The ideal candidate should have experience which may include: similar prior employment, internships, or volunteer work; some level of formal musical education or equivalent demonstrated ability; some level of formal theological education.
Please submit a resume by April 30, via e-mail to email@example.com. Include any links to relevant You Tube videos (e.g., candidate leading a worship service, musical demonstration, ect).