This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Worship Arts Director
San Diego, California, United States
Date Posted: 03/18/2011
Categories: Worship Pastor
Church Size: 251 to 350
Job Type: Part-Time
SUMMARY: The Worship Arts Director oversees the worship ministry for LifeBridge Church’s (LBC) weekly Celebrate and Elevate Worship Gatherings, so that a growing number of people discover a life-changing relationship with Jesus Christ. He or she leads the Worship Arts Team in transition to the next level of worship effectiveness.
COMPENSATION: This position is part-time, fifteen to twenty hours per week, with an estimated pay rate of $20.00 per hour.
1. Bachelor’s degree required.
2. Five years of experience in leading worship.
3. Great people skills and the ability to relate to and work with musicians, vocalists, and worship leaders of all generations, as well as joyfully entering into cultural and congregational life of LBC.
4. Ability to cast vision, develop leaders, and encourage volunteers to thrive both spiritually and musically.
5. Ability to play one musical instrument well.
6. Ability to read music and arrange chord charts.
7. Ability to lead worship and rehearsals in multiple worship styles.
8. Hates cats.
9. Must endorse LBC’s mission, vision, core values, and statement of faith.
1. Oversees worship planning for Celebrate and Elevate Worship Gatherings, including recruiting, training, and staffing all rehearsals and live events.
2. Discovers and develop future worship leaders, musicians, and vocalists.
3. Sets standards and trains team members to use Planning Center and Song Select tools for communication of worship plans, selections, and assignments.
4. Manages selection of guest musicians and determines honorariums.
5. Builds LBC online music library to be used in both Worship Gatherings.
6. Fosters excitement and casts vision to staff, congregation, and worship volunteers for a growing worship ministry at LBC.
7. Arranges outside training for worship leaders through conference attendance, on-site seminars by industry experts, and other creative activities.
8. Regularly plays the favorite worship songs of Lead and Spiritual Growth Pastors.
9. Encourages, develops, and builds into worship volunteers so that they thrive spiritually and musically.
10. Motivates and develops vocalists and instrumentalists to read music, listen for blending, follow worship leaders, and practice for excellence.
1. Reports to Spiritual Growth Pastor
2. Leads, supervises, and empowers paid and volunteer Worship Arts staff.
3. Coordinates with Admin Assist about details related to weekend worship.
To apply, please do NOT respond via ChurchStaffing account e-mail. Instead, please e-mail your resume AND one or more video (preferred) or audio (acceptable) samples of you leading worship in a public setting, such as a church service or youth event, directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.