This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Part time Children’s Ministry Director
First Evangelical Church of Diamond Bar
Walnut, California, United States
Date Posted: 03/17/2011
Church Size: 251 to 350
Job Type: Full-Time
We are seeking and praying for someone with two distinct leadings in your life: 1) God has been given you a passion and gifts to minister in the lives of children; 2) God has called you to serve in a growing Chinese American church. First Evangelical Church of Diamond Bar is a cell-based church with average Sunday attendance of 250 Chinese speaking adults, 70 English speaking adults and youth, and 40 children.
You will lead in the development, coordination, oversight, evaluation and recruitment in all areas of children’s ministry. Our Children’s Ministry consists of students from toddler through pre-school through 5th grade. Currently, we have about 50 students across 9 different classes. Your expected time commitment is 20 hours per week including 3 hours (9am – noon) of leading children’s ministry program on Sunday worship.
• Report to Senior Pastor
• Establish a vision for future growth for the Children’s Ministry. Set goals and objectives, and clear measures of success.
• Oversee and coordinate all aspects of the children’s ministry to create exciting learning environments for children.
• Support and partner with parents in the spiritual formation of their children.
• Ensure sound and relevant curriculum is selected and used that teaches biblical principles and truths appropriate for the various developmental levels within the ministry purview.
• Assist in the development of a strong volunteer and leadership staff by implementing dynamic recruiting, training, motivating and support systems.
• Be available to counsel and pray with children regarding spiritual matters.
Qualities and Qualifications:
• Must be a committed follower of Jesus Christ, demonstrating Christian maturity and a deep and prayerful dependence upon God.
• Have a passion for working with children and helping them grow in their relationship with God.
• Have at least 1 to 2 years experience on working with Children Ministry
• Professional or volunteer experience in church ministry to children, and knowledge of childhood development.
• Successful experience building teams and recruiting volunteers.
• Strong leadership, creative teaching approaches, excellent organizational and problem solving skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to foster teamwork in a positive atmosphere with both staff and volunteers.
• High level of energy, creativity, relevancy and capacity to learn and grow.
Please contact: Rev. Albert Wong
Office: (909) 598-2270