Pastor of Youth/ChildrenEmphasis:
Children/Youth PastorSecondary Emphasis:
Children/Youth pastor is responsible to provide spiritual leadership to children and adolescents. They are to lead and train youth ministry workers and be in charge of youth services in the church. They are to plan youth programs and activities and be responsible for carrying out the senior pastor's vision for the church through the youth ministry. Staff & Church Officers Relationship: I. Senior Pastor
• The Children/Youth Minister is responsible to the Senior Pastor, who will supervise, evaluate and provide a report to Deacons for
• One on one meetings and mentoring will take place for at least one hour/week for evaluation/direction/support/ and challenging.II. Deacon Evaluation
Evaluation will be based on the following:
1. Job description.
2. Senior Pastor's evaluation and mentoring meetings.
3. Effectiveness in organizational and management skills.
4. Effectiveness of yearly goals
5. Use of vacation days. Qualifications:
• Must be called by God to work as Children/Youth Pastor
• Shall be a Biblically based & spiritual filled Christian, ascribing to the vision of the Alexandria First Baptist Church.
• They must be able to effectively study the Bible, so they are prepared to preach, teach and counsel from it.
• Shall have or pursing a college degree in a ministry related field.
• Shall have at least two years of experience working with youth in lay or ministerial role.
• Have and maintain a good moral character
• They must have good interpersonal and communication skills, as they must communicate with a variety of people, including pastors, youth, parents and community members.
• They must be comfortable speaking in public and small group settings.
• Due to the fact that they will have several responsibilities, they must have sharp organizational and time management skills.
• May not date within the Youth department
• Musical abilities are a plusLifestyle:
The Youth pastor is expected to live a life of integrity and to practice in their own life the spiritual principles and behavior they advocate to youth. In addition, they must be flexible and willing to work when needed. Principal Duties:
• Children/Youth Pastor
• Oversee and lead the youth Ministry
• Lead both Sunday and Wednesday evening services for the youth
• Develop a discipleship program for them; develop relationships with the youth through visitation, attendance at school events, etc.
• Develop fellowship times, retreats, out reach missions
• Be the contact person for the parents and create a network of commutation with parents.
• Oversee and lead Children Ministry
• To be an administrator overseeing those adults leading and teaching children’s programs, activities, including Sunday school.
• To develop new educational and Christian fellowship programs for children through 5th grade.
• Oversee a Junior Church ministry and to mentor the leadership for this ministry.
• Assist in summer camping ministry.
• To work along with the Board of C.E. in developing the entire yearly budget.Personal Life:
• Personal Worship time everyday
• Continuing education via challenging books, conferences & classes.
• Role Model for youth, loyalty to the church and outreach in community
• If married maintain healthy relationship with spouse and children that is pleasing to God and sets a good example to others
• Schedule calendar in advance to meet needs of family and church life.Additional duties when required:
• When the Senior Pastor or Associate Pastor is unable to serve:
• Sunday morning and evening preaching
• BaptismsSpecific Responsibilities:
• Attend staff meetings
• Attend monthly Christian Education meetings and report on events or upcoming planned events
• Keep the senior Pastor abreast of youth programs and activities.
• Assist with other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
• Leading and Teaching
• Discipleship and counseling of students
• Administrating & organizing youth/children events & activitiesTo APPLY for this position please forward your Resume and cover Letter to the following EMAIL, thank you.