This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Associate Children's Director (Full-Time)
Grayslake, Illinois, United States
Date Posted: 03/16/2011
Categories: Children's Pastor
Church Size: 5001 to 7500
Job Type: Full-Time
This full-time position will be responsible for developing and leading a core volunteer leadership team to effectively and infectiously engage, teach, shepherd and inspire children to contagiously live for Jesus in a relevant, safe and fun environment. This person must be an inspiring and proven team builder as well as a strong, compassionate leader of leaders who champions the spiritual development of children through clear and compelling vision. This person must embody The Chapel’s culture by being Authentic, Loving, Joyful and Inspiring. The expectation is for this person to become a Children’s Director at a future campus.
• Ensure that all programming elements (large group teaching, worship, lighting, equipment, puppets) are executed with excellence. Evaluate weekly and give timely feedback and necessary training.
• Develop, mentor and build into a core team of area leaders and experience leaders through relational proximity and coaching in leadership development
• Ensure that all volunteers are trained and empowered for successful ministry and provide visible and active servant leadership in all classrooms.
• Equip and lead area leaders, experience leaders and small group leaders to shepherd and respond to the spiritual needs of children as needs arise.
• Ensure that all classrooms are staffed for successful ministry and collaborate with Children’s Director and Central Support leadership to provide creative solutions for ongoing recruiting needs for the campus.
• Consistently look for volunteers that demonstrate they are ready for more leadership responsibility, and then give them opportunities to develop; experience leader and area leader positions to be maintained at 100%.
• Actively contribute to your campus’ yearly strategic planning process.
• Provide responsible management of your ministry budget
• Ensure that all parent/child/volunteer matters, safety & security issues, and equipment & facility problems are dealt with proactively and completely.
• Offer spiritual guidance to parents and families as needed and provide solid theological foundation to questions from both children and adults.