This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Contemporary Worship Director
St. Paul's Evangelical Church
St. Louis, Missouri, United States
Date Posted: 03/15/2011
Categories: Music Ministry
Denominations: Evangelical Free
Church Size: 351 to 500
Job Type: Part-Time
Contemporary Worship Director
St. Paul’s Evangelical Church (affiliated with the Evangelical Free Church of America) is a mid-sized congregation with two worship services, one traditional and one contemporary. We are seeking a part time (20 hrs/wk) worship leader for our contemporary service.
• The applicant must have a heart of worship, a mature Christian faith, and a desire to lead the congregation into the presence of the Lord.
• The applicant must be able to organize, develop and lead a meaningful, contemporary worship service incorporating diverse musical styles and worship forms. The applicant should have excellent communication and organizational skills, and a strong knowledge of worship styles and trends.
• The applicant must be skilled and gifted as a vocalist and instrumentalist, and able to choose and arrange songs appropriate for each message. The applicant must be able to synthesize music, visuals, and lighting, with congregational participation.
• The applicant must have excellent team-based leadership abilities. The applicant will provide mature Christian leadership for the contemporary worship team, encouraging growth and development of both musical skills and personal faith of team members.
• An undergraduate degree in a field closely related to one of the categories above is desired, along with previous church experience.
• Direct weekly Sunday contemporary worship service.
• Create a worship rehearsal routine for all service volunteers. Maintain a regular schedule for worship teams, sound and video technicians, and other worship volunteers. Plan and confirm the role of worship team members weekly.
• Lead rehearsals for Sunday morning services. Encourage development of personal musical skills and passionate spirituality of those involved in the worship ministry.
• Development and implementation of a personal plan for continued professional growth/training that will have a strategic impact on the worship ministry.
• Meet regularly with lead pastor to evaluate previous services, review plans for the next services, and plan upcoming series.
• Professes personal commitment to Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, and to the local church as an expression of the body of Christ.
• Is compatible with the Statement of Faith of the Evangelical Free Church of America.
• Considers prayer/devotional life to be vital to their spiritual journey.
• Commits to personal spiritual growth and obedience to scripture.
• Values, honors, and respects all people.
• Considers this position a life ministry, not just a job.
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, and audio visual samples of the applicant leading in worship to: firstname.lastname@example.org,
Or mail to:
St. Paul’s Evangelical Church
c/o Worship Director Resumes
9801 Olive Blvd.
Saint Louis, MO 63141