This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Covenant Life Church
sarasota, Florida, United States
Date Posted: 03/14/2011
Categories: Senior Pastor
Denominations: Presbyterian -- PCA
Church Size: 501 to 750
Job Type: Full-Time
Primary Ministry Objectives
• In partnership with the Elders and executive pastor and under the Lordship of Christ Jesus as the Head of the church, develop and implement our vision so the gospel advances in our generation.
• Minister the Word of God and model the Lordship of Christ to our congregation such that it illuminates Scripture, teaches sound doctrine, inspires and convicts towards Godly living, and encourages and motivates to follow the Lord Jesus Christ more fully.
• By modeling through a personal lifestyle, equip, develop, and empower our congregation through a vibrant small group ministry and other ministries within the church to help each member grow in their relationship with Christ.
• Through a process of personal engagement, love and care for our congregation so they are sustained through the challenges of life and become more able to love and care for others in the process.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
• Primary preaching/teaching pastor but would share the pulpit with other ministry staff and guest speakers
• Decides the preaching topics and sets the preaching schedule in accordance with Titus 2 and Acts 20:28 in accordance with primary ministry objectives
• Visitation and counseling sessions upon request or as needed
• Represents the church in local events and ministerial relationships
• Attend and participate in the South West Florida Presbytery
• Attend and lead the monthly Session meeting
Qualifications – Must be currently licensed or ordained (or be qualified and willing to become licensed or ordained) in the Presbyterian Church in America (in regards to PCA theology, polity and personal matters); he shall be sound in the Christian faith and in his presentation of the Word of God; he shall meet the qualifications set forth in the Book of Church Order of the Presbyterian Church in America; and he shall further be a worthy example, void of offense in his life and teaching. (I Tim. 3:1-7; Titus 1:5-9; Acts 20:28; I Peter 5:1-4).
To apply please email your: cover letter, resume, and PCA data form to email@example.com.
For more info on our church visit www.covenantlifepc.com