This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Area 10 Faith Community
Richmond, Virginia, United States
Date Posted: 03/14/2011
Categories: Children's Pastor
Denominations: Christian Church
Church Size: 351 to 500
Job Type: Full-Time
Children’s Director Position Available:
Area 10 Faith Community is a dynamic young that is meets in the historic Byrd Theatre in Richmond, Virginia. The church is orthodox in it’s beliefs and progressive in it’s methods. The church has a contemporary bent with high usage of the arts and creativity to communicate God’s word. Area 10 is seeking a children’s director from a theologically conservative background that knows how to effectively administrate a quality children’s program at our church.
The Children’s Director will:
1) Be committed to Biblical authority and live a lifestyle consistent with that commitment.
2) Understand child development and oversee the usage of age appropriate curriculum to teach children during Sunday worship services.
3) Raise up and train a volunteer team of adults to run all children’s classes on Sundays.
4) Plan quarterly outreach events for children in the city.
5) Be able to participate in weekly staff meetings with other Area 10 pastors.
6) Be a participant in church life and seek to promote what God is doing through Area 10.
7) Be under authority and coaching of the Lead Pastor.
8) Willing to commit 15-20 hours per week to perform the duties of this job.
This is a part time position that has lots of room to grow into something larger. Salary is negotiable.
This is a job for an energetic, CREATIVE, person. You must love kids, God's kingdom, the church and life in the city. This is an urban church with some different challenges than in suburban/rural contexts.
Anyone interested in being hired for this position should submit a resume to the lead pastor, Chris Barras at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about the church check out the webpage at area10church.com.
Also, take a look at the building that our children’s ministry meets at- the kids play place/coffee shop that is owned by our church. www.cartwheelsandcoffee.com