This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
The Rock Church
Palm Desert, California, United States
Date Posted: 03/11/2011
Categories: Children's Pastor
Church Size: 751 to 1000
Job Type: Full-Time
Do kids give you energy rather than zap it from you? Are you on fire with passion for God and would love nothing more than to see kids’ lives changed through Him? Would it excite you to be a part of the team that makes one of the most dynamic kids’ ministries in the country happen every week? If so, we’d like to talk to you!
The Rock Church is a vibrant, growing and innovative church in Southern California. We are one church in multiple locations, with campuses across the Palm Springs area known as the Coachella Valley. If you’re a natural born leader and a kid at heart with a heart for kids, keep reading for the specifics:
• A people person who can connect well with staff, volunteers and parents as well as kids
• Knowledgeable in the needs of children and their development and willing to maintain ongoing education
• Experienced in working with children and adults of various ages and have some management background
• Able to communicate exceptionally well, both verbally and written
• Proficient in all Microsoft and database applications and have understanding of basic office equipment
• Comfortable working on Mac computers & applications
• Extremely adept at managing your time
• So passionate about the ministry that you don't mind working weekends
• Committed long-term and dedicated to The Rock Church vision
• Able to commit to the core values of The Rock Church and willing to meet partnership requirements
You will be...
• Required to work at all scheduled worship experiences and TRC Children’s Ministry experiences
• Required to work during all worship experiences during the Christmas and Easter seasons, including Christmas Eve and Easter, as well as other possible events outside of normal working hours as required by leadership
• Leading teams of paid staff and non-paid volunteers who make up the TRC Children’s Ministry team
• Working under the leadership of the Lead Pastor and partnering with the Campus Pastors to fulfill the vision of TRC Children’s Ministry
• Leading and overseeing the TRC Children’s Ministry; opening and closing the TRC Children’s Ministry area, ensuring adequate coverage and facilitating all worship experiences, ,events & meetings
• Responsible to have full knowledge of the overall TRC Children’s Ministry in order to appropriately lead the team who directly facilitates these activities
• Responsible to have full knowledge of the training, orientation and observation of TRC Children’s Ministry team members during weekly worship experiences in order to appropriately facilitate these activities
• Responsible to continually recruit, train, schedule & communicate with existing & potential volunteers
• Planning and organizing all campus-specific and global events or efforts in cooperation with central leadership, support team and campus teams
• Assisting with the clerical and other regular office duties as a part of your regular weekly responsibilities
• In attendance of all required global and campus-specific events as directed by the lead pastor, campus pastor, central leadership, support team and/or The Rock Church leadership.
Please send a current resume and a recent photo to: children@TheRockCV.com
No Phone calls please. We will contact you when we have had an opportunity to review your resume.
We invite you to check out our website to learn more about our church services and core values.