This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director Of Worship and Fine Arts
Hastings United Methodist Church
Hastings, Minnesota, United States
Date Posted: 03/10/2011
Categories: Worship Pastor
Denominations: United Methodist
Church Size: 501 to 750
Job Type: Full-Time
Description of Job
This position provides leadership worship services including musical, visual arts and technology that creates a service within the United Methodist church Tradition.
Reports to: Senior Pastor
• Selects music for worship services, matching the theme for the worship services.
• Conducts weekly musical rehearsal.
• Mentors and recruit new band members.
• Creates special choirs as for events as requested.
• Provide special music as needed at the service.
• Provide media information to the technical team as needed and in a timely manner.
• Reviews current trends in worship music to ensure music is cutting edge and current.
• Plays and or sings in the band weekly.
• Provides spiritual leadership to the band members including weekly devotional at practices.
• Ensures smooth communications to other staff members.
• Other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor
• To lead congregation in singing.
• Help in smooth transitions during worship.
• Create a worship experience for those attending. Using all aspect’s of fine arts
• Work with encourage, and supervise the volunteer media team
• Work with encourage and provide leadership for the Usher Team
• Prepare the sanctuary for weekly worship
• Keep the master worship schedule
• A four year musical Degree
• Experience in serving on a church staff of over 400 people in Worship for over 10 years
• Knowledge of and experience in both traditional and Contemporary worship styles
• Understanding of technology within worship- must be able to use Pro Presenter 4.0, Song Select, and Microsoft PowerPoint.
• Strong musical and singing skills.
• Strong verbal communications skills.
• Demonstrate good leadership skills.
• Must have personal relationship with Jesus Christ, able to freely share their faith experiences as a way to help church members and volunteers develop their own spiritual relationships.
• Must have an understanding and support of the teachings and principles of the United Methodist Church.
• Must be able to work as a productive team member of the HUMC Staff by developing supportive relationships with co-workers.
• Passion to lead people to Christ via music.
Send Resume, DVD and package request to John Mitchem 615 West 15th Street Hastings Mn 55033