This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Associate Children's Director
Cypress United Methodist Church
Cypress, Texas, United States
Date Posted: 06/14/2012
Categories: Christian Education
Denominations: United Methodist
Church Size: 1501 to 2000
Job Type: Full-Time
Cypress United Methodist Church is a leading church in Cypress that grows God’s kingdom prepares our children and youth for Christ-centered living, and partners with every person on their spiritual journey. We are seeking an Associate Children’s Director be part of a team full-time that is committed to creatively engaging our children and their parents in passionate worship, support a variety of ministries as they attract new members, nurture their spiritual growth, and send them into the world to be the hands and feet of Christ.
Position Description & Responsibilities:
• Evaluate the needs of outreach ministry in the community and work with the Director of Children’s Ministry to meet these needs.
• Manage volunteer base while motivating and equipping them to serve our children.
• Willingness to attend training as requested by the Director of Children’s Ministry.
• Work with Communications and the Director of Children’s Ministry to advertise/market all programs.
• Participate in Faith Development meetings as directed.
• Plan, execute, and recap summer programs while helping them grow.
• Recruit, train, develop, and retain volunteer base to include youth.
• Coordinate training needs for all department volunteers and staff.
• Maintain classrooms and supplies while providing a safe environment.
• Build spiritual relationships with children and families.
• Support the Director of Children’s Ministry through assigned tasks and event participation.
• Assume Director of Children's Ministry duties in his/her absence.
• Exemplifies an interest in Christian growth and makes consistent efforts to grow in his/her walk.
• Ability to easily express his/her personal relationship with Christ.
• Ability to envision, plan, and implement age specific ministries for children within the department.
• Knowledge of the Bible and ability to translate the stories and values to students.
• Ability to recruit, train, and deploy volunteers.
• Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with students, parents, volunteers, and staff.
• Time management skills to effectively operate and develop all programs.
• Innovative and dynamic approach to teaching kids while growing ministry.
• Excellent speaking skills that are audience appropriate.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Ability to use time wisely and multi-task.
• Trustworthiness and holds confidentiality while displaying excellent discernment in making timely and appropriate decisions.
• Pleasant demeanor; flexibility and willingness to provide assistance to all Cypress UMC staff, volunteers, and church members in which he/she interacts.
• Early Childhood/Elementary teaching certificate and/or experience preferred.
Work Schedule: Sunday through Thursday business hours. Occasional evening and weekend hours.
Please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com