This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Minister to Youth/Director of Youth Ministry
Roswell United Methodist Church
Roswell, Georgia, United States
Date Posted: 03/08/2011
Categories: Youth Pastor
Denominations: United Methodist
Church Size: 5001 to 7500
Job Type: Full-Time
Roswell United Methodist Church in suburban Atlanta, Georgia is currently seeking a full time Youth Minister/Director of Youth Ministry. The successful candidate will have a passion for Inviting, Growing, and Serving middle and high school teenagers, excellent interpersonal relationship skills with youth and adults, and a proven track record of skilled leadership and strong management in local church youth ministry.
The Director of Youth Ministry provides leadership for the youth ministry team (including staff and volunteers) who work weekly to “teach the faith and prepare disciples who learn, love and live.” Currently the youth ministry team works weekly and monthly with volunteers and students in Bible studies, national and international mission projects, retreats, local outreaches, and small groups.
The team works out of the Dodson Youth Center a $3.5 million, 19,000 sq. ft., award winning facility: ¾ gymnasium, kitchen, café, game-room, library, chapel, theatrical stage with sound and lighting, and a dozen classrooms for large and small group meetings.
The compensation includes salary, housing allowance (if eligible), health insurance, pension, continuing education, and travel expenses. The position will be available June 1. The full job description can be viewed at www.rumc.com/jobs. Clergy and lay professionals are both encouraged to apply.
Qualifications: Minimum of bachelor’s degree with educational credits and 7-10 years professional experience with at least 3 years of managing staff and volunteers. Certification in Youth Ministry or Christian Education is preferred.
Priorities to Maintain or Improve:
1. Volunteer recruiting/training
2. Strong student/parent leadership
3. Sunday morning discipleship
5. Missions and retreats
6. Sunday evening fellowship/outreach
Priorities to Intentionally Develop:
1. Robust attendance growth by newcomer/inactive outreach
2. Annual fundraising
3. Close gap between Youth Ministry and Children's Ministry
4. Divide Middle School and High School
1. Servant Leader/Manager (Lay/Staff Teams)
2. Champion of the Wesleyan Tradition
3. High Level Achiever (Goals/Objectives)
4. Age Level Growth and Development Expert (Early Childhood-Adult)
5. Religious Program Professional (Christian Education & Youth Ministry)
6. Coalition Builder (within and without local church)
E-mail resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please