This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Technical Arts Director
Compass Christian Church
Colleyville, Texas, United States
Date Posted: 03/07/2011
Denominations: Christian Church
Church Size: 2501 to 3000
Job Type: Full-Time
Technical Arts Director
Compass Christian Church • Colleyville, TX
The Technical Arts Director will oversee the Technical Ministries of Compass Christian Church and will report to the Lead Worship Pastor, Caleb Miller. The primary objective is to create an atmosphere conducive to worship and quality communication through administering, equipping and training volunteers. The Technical Ministries include audio, video, lighting, staging, projection and media duplication. The position will provide support for weekly rehearsals, all worship gatherings, and special events.
· Produce an audio/visual worship environment to promote worship by working closely with Worship & Arts Pastor.
· Recruit, lead, train, equip and evaluate a volunteer tech team for each venue of worship coordinating schedules to make sure that all venues are supported with qualified volunteer team members.
· Provide tech support for all weekend services as well as non-Sunday events (Christmas, Easter, Christmas Eve, Off-site Outreach Events, Retreats, Seminars, Weddings, Funerals, Baptisms, Annual Meetings).
· Coordinate stage setup/teardowns.
· Oversee duplication and of weekly sermon series via various media (CD/DVD/webpage).
· Maintain A/V systems for all needed rooms and venues.
· Equipment—Responsible for the inventory, maintenance, repair, and rental (when necessary) of all CCC Audio equipment. Must know where equipment is at all times and ensure proper set up for various events.
· Overseeing editing of audio and video as needed.
Required Experience, Skills & Qualities
· Must be a follower of Jesus Christ, exhibiting a growing relationship and spiritual maturity.
· Be a team player, yet a gifted leader.
· An eye for detail.
· Not willing to cut corners.
· Minimum 3-5 years of experience working full-time in a growing, successful, active church.
· Staff experience in a larger church (2500+).
· Full working knowledge of live production including audio, video, lighting, multimedia, I-mag, music, and staging, as well as good troubleshooting skills in all these areas.
· Experience leading and supervising production teams.
· Strong team building and leadership skills.
· Good communications skills: written, verbal, and interpersonal.
· Dependable, self-motivated and comfortable taking initiative.
· Strong work ethic with ability to balance needs of family and home.
· Experience should include live audio engineering, monitor mixing (headphones, wedges, in-ear), studio editing software, computer graphics, video editing and production, internet media (podcast,YouTube, iTunes).
· 40-50 hours per week (total) with some flexibility from week to week.
· The position will require evening and weekend working hours to fully support various events and functions.
· Current weekly schedule includes supporting all worship services and other rehearsals as needed for special events.
Please Email Resumes