This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Broadcast Ministry Development Coordinator
Shepherd of the Hills
Porter Ranch, California, United States
Date Posted: 03/07/2011
Categories: Fundraising - Media/Technology
Denominations: Christian Church
Church Size: 5001 to 7500
Job Type: Contract
Broadcast Ministry Development Coordinator
Title Contract Broadcast Ministry Development Coordinator
• The contract Broadcast Ministry Development Coordinator will oversee and support the development, execution and day-to-day functioning of the Lift Up Jesus broadcast ministry operations and initiatives, in coordination with the Media Arts production team and other related departments (eg., Communications, IT, etc.).
• You will be passionate about the growth and impact of the broadcast ministry. As a team player, you may be asked to work beyond your comfort zone but will welcome this challenge to work and grow within the body of Christ to fulfill the mission of Shepherd of the Hills Church.
Duties include (but not limited to) [listed in no particular order]:
• Oversee and coordinate all broadcast ministry operations ranging including sponsorship program development, ongoing website development, production scheduling, scripting, media distribution, viewer & listener management, “Call Center” operations, fund raising events, giveaways and fulfillment programs.
• Special projects as identified by leadership in the area of broadcast management, acquisition and production on location or on campus.
• Ensure timely and correct delivery of all scheduled broadcasts.
• Develop and manage audience relationship programs and financial sponsorship programs. Continually update our broadcast website with promotional content keeping it accurate, relevant and fresh. Assist in the development of a LIVE 24/7 broadcast website.
• Create, manage and expand our existing and new donor development programs through “one on one” phone and email contacts, our newsletter and annual broadcast sponsor/donor events.
• Create, develop, track and report viewer/listener programs and their effectiveness through phone, email, web and other measurement channels.
• Develop, coordinate and drive new broadcast ministry initiatives.
• Research, track & document insights into other leading broadcast ministry models. Always seeking to keep the program fresh and on the cutting edge of market trends and technology
• Experience with Microsoft Office and an ability and willingness to learn Arena and Shelby Systems software as well as other programs used in the execution of your job.
• You must have a calm and encouraging demeanor under pressure and at all times present yourself in a Christ-like manner, especially when working with volunteers, merchants and vendors.
• Must be a self-starter and able to work independently to achieve goals while maintaining a team spirit.
• Must be able to safely perform work responsibilities, including (but not limited to) the ability to lift 15 lbs.
• Training and experience in office systems.
• Excellent skills in communication / personal relationships.
• Wages commensurate with training and experience.
• Other matters in accordance with Shepherd of the Hills contractors guidelines.
Common to other Contractors
• A contractor will carry out their ministry with God-honoring excellence.
• A contractor is constantly learning by listening to tapes, reading books and periodicals monthly, attending approved conferences, and keeping up with trends.
• A contractor meets regularly with any staff personnel reporting directly to them, as well as with the various leadership teams which assist them in ministry.
• A contractor provides spiritual leadership for those reporting to them whether paid staff or volunteers.
• A contractor in responsible for establishing goals for their ministry and implementing strategies for their attainment.
• A contractor is responsible for proposing and administering the budget affecting their ministry.
• A contractor attends all staff meetings, staff devotions, and retreats as directed.
• A contractor views himself or herself as an extension of the Senior Pastor.
• A contractor will not discuss their salary or benefits with other staff members.
• A contractor will always be supportive of leadership at Shepherd of the Hills Church.
• This part-time contract position will require some weekend and evening hours on a regular basis.
• The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.