This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Contemporary Music Ministries (Part/Full-time)
Ebenezer United Methodist Church
Stafford, Virginia, United States
Date Posted: 03/04/2011
Categories: Music Ministry
Denominations: United Methodist
Church Size: 1501 to 2000
Job Type: Full-Time
JOB DESCRIPTION: Ebenezer United Methodist Church is seeking a part/full-time Director of Contemporary Music Ministries. This position will oversee and coordinate the contemporary music ministry to meet Ebenezer’s strategic vision by participating in the weekly development and execution of worship at the contemporary services, delivering a consistent, spiritual music experience for parishioners who attend those services.
• Develop and maintain a contemporary worship music program to foster spiritual and musical growth of the Congregation and involved volunteers.
• Manage the music program for contemporary worship services (typically Sundays 9:30 am and 6:00 pm), and direct employees and volunteers dedicated to serving during these services.
• Serve as music leader of the praise band(s) by directing these groups at weekly rehearsals and services to achieve desired effects, including coordination and balance of dynamics, rhythm, tempo, choral tone, and harmony.
• Coordinate with the Senior Pastor or his designate, appropriate music for contemporary services and serve as advisor to the worship committee regarding the contemporary music program.
• A deep, personal faith in Jesus Christ.
• Formal Music Training preferred.
• Contemporary Christian musical performance experience and ability to play a musical instrument.
• Experience with technical aspects of musical worship services (i.e. soundboards, lights, etc.).
• Knowledge of the importance of music in worship and Christian spiritual development.
• Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite Software and have the ability to become proficient in church management software (Shelby), and other software systems, in the areas required by the position; proficiency in a music notation system is a plus.
• Budget preparing and implementation experience required.
• Exhibits the ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
• Detail oriented; good planning and organizational skills and ability to lead and develop teams.
Located in Stafford, Virginia, Ebenezer is an active and healthy United Methodist Church of approximately 1800 members. We are a few miles south of the Quantico Marine Corps Base and a few miles north of historic Fredericksburg. Our congregation is comprised of individuals and families from many different backgrounds, including a large number of children and teens. But regardless of age, gender, ethnicity or experience, we all share a common goal: to worship, grow and serve the God who created us in His image, saved us through His Son, and empowers us with His Holy Spirit. For more information, visit www.ebenezerumc.org. The complete job description and application are located under the “About Us” Tab.
TO APPLY: Send resume, completed application and a cover letter highlighting your personal faith journey, interest in serving as the Director of Contemporary Music Ministries and vision for this ministry, noting any relevant work experiences. Also include a video sample of music performance/worship leading. This may be completed through a DVD, website link or YouTube link. Email to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 4th at 12 noon and indicate “Director of Contemporary Music Ministries” in the subject line, or mail to Ebenezer UMC, 161 Embrey Mill Rd. Stafford, VA 22554.