This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Worship Arts Director
2nd Street Community Church
Newberg, Oregon, United States
Date Posted: 03/01/2011
Categories: Worship Pastor
Denominations: Not Applicable
Church Size: 151 to 250
Job Type: Full-Time
2ND STREET COMMUNITY CHURCH, a part of Northwest Yearly Meeting of Friends. We currently have an average of 300 in attendance, and 25 on our worship teams.
OUR MISSION STATEMENT: Becoming More Like Jesus Christ By Loving God, Loving People, And Serving Our World.
• Oversee and equip the Worship Arts ministry including music, drama, technical, visual, and applied arts.
• Encourage volunteers to live out the Mission of 2nd Street through serving in their areas of giftedness and calling.
• Encourage excellence by building relationships and building teams.
• Assist in the planning of worship services, prepare the worship arts ministry budget, and oversee the technical equipment and instruments.
• Select and chart new worship music for worship team including brass, winds and strings.
• Recruit, train, and schedule team members.
• Provide leaders with spiritual and administrative support.
• Guitar and or keyboarding, vocal abilities, worship technology, music arranging, leading and directing ensembles, experience with drama and drama integration into Sunday morning worship.
• Experience on a church staff leading a worship arts ministry is highly preferred.
• A Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline or field is preferred.
• Must have lived in Oregon, Washington, or Idaho to ensure that they will be in sync with the culture, style, and vibe of the Pacific Northwest.
• This is a 30 hour/week position and includes benefits.
• Applications are due by noon on Wednesday, April 20, 2011
• Start date: July 1, 2011
• Send your request for an application packet to Sue Pruitt, Office Manager, at email@example.com
• Please visit our website to learn more about us: www.2ndstreet.org